What do people of south yorkshire think

Perhaps that’s what’s wrong with Britain today; no one speaks up against the injustices that are being forced upon us.

Asylum seekers (Not Muslims) who commit serious crime in Britain and being allowed to stay is wrong, if their country is not safe for them, why come over here and make this country unsafe for the rest of us. I would deport any Asylum seeker who commits a serious crime, and for the more minor crimes it would be “Three strikes and your out” no matter what the consequences are for them when they get back home.

Not sure that could have been put better, I'm tired of our weak, pathetic government just allowing any old straggler in to our borders to do what the hell they want.

I have watched on several occasions now this uk border force on sky 3 and I find it disgraceful, they spend taxpayers money on raiding a property, getting translators in etc and find that 90% of the people there are afghans who have entered the UK illegally, so they detain them, take them back for questioning and because they dont have travel documents with them they release them on bail until they can deport them.....now you don't have to be a wise ass to realise what's going to happen there. I'd rather they spent the taxpayers money on detaining them and then deporting them.

Then ya see some guy from the states who is in line with our culture and probably just wants to move to the UK and live as we do and he's refused because he hasn't obtained the correct paperwork???? WTF

Not sure that could have been put better, I'm tired of our weak, pathetic government just allowing any old straggler in to our borders to do what the hell they want.

I have watched on several occasions now this uk border force on sky 3 and I find it disgraceful, they spend taxpayers money on raiding a property, getting translators in etc and find that 90% of the people there are afghans who have entered the UK illegally, so they detain them, take them back for questioning and because they dont have travel documents with them they release them on bail until they can deport them.....now you don't have to be a wise ass to realise what's going to happen there. I'd rather they spent the taxpayers money on detaining them and then deporting them.

Then ya see some guy from the states who is in line with our culture and probably just wants to move to the UK and live as we do and he's refused because he hasn't obtained the correct paperwork???? WTF

Mixing up a lot of issues here, what are we talking about-Muslims generally who don't demonstrate against extremists? Legitimate asylum seekers? Illegal immigrants or the fairness of the immgration system?

im not against bnp..i think they do a good job..but its the few muslims that are spoiling it for the rest..but can be said in all races..theirs good and bad..thats life...

I am against the BNP.

They are a bunch of bigoted head cases many of whom have criminal records for many serious crimes including terrorism and child sex abuse.

I once researched crimes per capita and expressed that as a percentage of their total membership.

I then took available records of muslims convicted of crimes and, as with the BNP, expressed that as a percentage of UK Muslim population.

I forget the exact results but the BNP were up to almost 70% guilty of serious crimes without deep searches.

The crimes ranged from weapons charges (including explosives) to rape and murder along with various serious fraud and various serious violent attacks.

In fact BNP members are guilty of far more terrorist related offences than all Muslims in the UK and come second only to the Irish. Perhaps we should send the BNP 'home'.

The party of law and order?

Mixing up a lot of issues here, what are we talking about-Muslims generally who don't demonstrate against extremists? Legitimate asylum seekers? Illegal immigrants or the fairness of the immgration system?

The last 2 are my biggest problem...The first one isn't something that bothers me really, I'm white and don't demonstrate against the EDL, BNP etc. and the second, well I'm of mixed opinion about the whole asylum thing...

I am against the BNP.

They are a bunch of bigoted head cases many of whom have criminal records for many serious crimes including terrorism and child sex abuse.

I once researched crimes per capita and expressed that as a percentage of their total membership.

I then took available records of muslims convicted of crimes and, as with the BNP, expressed that as a percentage of UK Muslim population.

I forget the exact results but the BNP were up to almost 70% guilty of serious crimes without deep searches.

The crimes ranged from weapons charges (including explosives) to rape and murder along with various serious fraud and various serious violent attacks.

In fact BNP members are guilty of far more terrorist related offences than all Muslims in the UK and come second only to the Irish. Perhaps we should send the BNP 'home'.

The party of law and order?

Very true, but I do feel that unfortunately at some point in my life time they will come to power....I do partly look forward to it on a very small scale but largely terrified by the idea....

The last 2 are my biggest problem...The first one isn't something that bothers me really, I'm white and don't demonstrate against the EDL, BNP etc. and the second, well I'm of mixed opinion about the whole asylum thing...

Ok, that's fair enough. The OP is raises an interesting point and one that is sometimes mentioned here-why don't Muslims demonstrate against extremists?

You've partly answered the question and Im of a similar view-I don't demonstrate against the BNP either and being black you'd think I'd have a vested interest in doing so.

I guess some people demonstrate about stuff because they're motivated that way, but I dont think we can draw conclusions about people who don't and it certainly doesn't provide an indication of tacit support for extremists because they don't demonstrate against them.

Very true, but I do feel that unfortunately at some point in my life time they will come to power....I do partly look forward to it on a very small scale but largely terrified by the idea....

I would be pretty terrified but without the small part looking forward to it.

I can't think of any extremist government of any type that didn't totally naff up the country they took power in.

Extremism of whatever flavour simply doesn't work.

The vast majority of people in the UK just want to get on with their lives, go to work and take care of their families. Most of us aren't interested in extreme views wherever they spring from. Extreme views are by their very nature only held by a minority.

Although most of us are reasonably moderate in our views, the 'popular' press seem keen on winding us up, and seeking out stuff to provoke strong reactions from people who seem unable to recognise it for what it is. :( So we get a disproportionate reaction towards events like this. There are far more serious things happening in the world, or even in the UK, than a bunch of misguided idiots protesting about a custom that actually revers some of their own ancestors who fought with the allies in two world wars.

Archived