What do people of south yorkshire think

By 'Australian' do you mean native Australians or the European immigrants who moved their imposing their culture on the inhabitants of that country?

All Australians is the simple answer.

This from about five years ago.

ISLAMIC extremists wanting to enforce fundamentalist law should get out of Australia, federal Treasurer Peter Costello said yesterday.

In a significant hardening of the Government's rhetoric, Mr Costello declared Australia would never be turned into an Islamic state.

"There are Islamic states around the world that practise sharia law," he said. "And if that is your object, you may well be much more at home in such a country than trying to turn Australia into one of those countries, because it is not going to happen."

Mosques and Islamic schools will be targeted by intelligence agencies as the federal government tries to stamp out homegrown terrorism and extremists.

Prime Minister John Howard said on top of trying to promote Australian values in Islamic schools, the government would monitor what was said in certain schools and mosques to ensure they did not foster terrorism.

Asked whether he was prepared to "get inside" mosques and schools to ensure there was no support for terrorism, Mr Howard was blunt.

"Yes, to the extent necessary," Mr Howard told Southern Cross radio.

"I have no desire and nor is it the government's intention to interfere in any way with the freedom or practice of religion.

"We have a right to know whether there is, within any section of the Islamic community, a preaching of the virtues of terrorism, whether any comfort or harbour is given to terrorism within that community."

Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia, as the government targeted radicals in a bid to head off potential terror attacks.

A day after a group of mainstream Muslim leaders pledged loyalty to Australia and her Queen at a special meeting with Prime Minister John Howard, he and his Ministers made it clear that extremists would face a crackdown.

Treasurer Peter Costello, seen as heir apparent to Howard, hinted that some radical clerics could be asked to leave the country if they did not accept that Australia was a secular state, and its laws were made by parliament.

"If those are not your values, if you want a country which has Sharia law or a theocratic state, then Australia is not for you," he said on national television.

"I'd be saying to clerics who are teaching that there are two laws governing people in Australia: one the Australian law and another the Islamic law, that is false. If you can't agree with parliamentary law, independent courts, democracy, and would prefer Sharia law and have the opportunity to go to another country, which practices it, perhaps, then, that's a better option," Costello said.

Asked whether he meant radical clerics would be forced to leave, he said those with dual citizenship could possibly be asked to move to the other country.

Education Minister Brendan Nelson later told reporters that Muslims who did not want to accept local values should "clear off. Basically, people who don't want to be Australians, and who don't want to live by Australian values and understand them, well then, they can basically clear off," he said.

If only the NEW Liebour party had taken this attitude, this Country would not be in the dire state it is now regarding the radical fanatic Muslim minority. Indeed the ConDems have not shown any leadership on this either.

I say again, FIOFO, it is as simple as that to me.

Regards

Angel.

All Australians is the simple answer.

Missing my point I'm afraid. Did the European immigrants who settled in Australia confine themselves to living within the boundaries of the indigenous culture?

It's rather ironic that they should be celebrated as a group of people who are seen by many as protecting their 'culture', since it was an entirely imported one. I wonder how many of the people you quote above are indigenous Australians.

What do people of south yorkshire think of people, well muslim's not all of them just a select stupid few burning poppies, I have a question if there is good muslims why don't they anti-protest like whites do against EDL and BNP. Please answer me that please people :)

ah did i miss out on yet another right wing troll with yet another badly worded and ill thought out thread?

Missing my point I'm afraid. Did the European immigrants who settled in Australia confine themselves to living within the boundaries of the indigenous culture?

It's rather ironic that they should be celebrated as a group of people who are seen by many as protecting their 'culture', since it was an entirely imported one. I wonder how many of the people you quote above are indigenous Australians.

If you've not seen this then enjoy bf. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06DKCdJWK2c

You should respect the country you are in I think america are up themselves a bit but If I was in the usa

1,, I would probably be liking it

and 2,,I should shut up

:) simple as

Sent into our Local paper on Veterans day in the USA (same as poppy day)

A MUSLIM ON VETERENS DAY

To the editor:

I am a Muslim-American belonging to the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community, and on Veterans Day I will looks forward to honoring the men and women that have served in defence of our country.

To those who see conflict between Islam ans America, I share my Muslim Community's Touth pledge whicj states that "I shall always be ready to sacrifice my life, wealth, time and honor for the sake of my faith,country and nation.

then it goes on more.................. Quoting someone Mirta Ghulam Ahmad the obedience to government authority is imperative of the Quran. for these reasons this Muslim-American cheers on our American Veterans who risked their lives to promote the honor and safety of our nation.

Sohail Husain MD

Vice -President Connecticut Chapter Of American Member,Muslim Writers Guild of America, USA Alhadiyya Muslim Community Youth Org.

Would you ever see this in an English newspaper ?, the guy even signed it

Sincere ?

Brave ,yes

Archived