Beginning of the end for Clegg

I think that people who weren't even born at the time, talking about something that happened 30 years ago as though it happened last week, and not having moved on in all that time is strange. I have to class it as some sort of an obsession

And what of the many (many) who were adults when the evil one was in power?

I don't remember the Tory's being such bad losers back in the late 90's.

That's 'cause the internet was in it's infancy in the 90s.

"Tory cuts versus Labour investment"

What do Labour actually think? Is it cuts? Is it investment? Is it more than the Coalition? Is it less? Forgive us for being confused and not feeling able to trust them.

Maybe you should have paid attention to what was being said during the leadership election, rather than just trawling for mud to sling?

No mud here, my ground is solid.

I paid plenty of attention, including the bit where Clegg said that he would support the party with the largest majority. I can also understand that as very junior party in a coalition you don't get your own way on everything no matter how much you stamp your pretty little feet.

"Tory cuts versus Labour investment" I'm still none the wiser if (as stated earlier) Labour are now claiming that their cuts would be deeper.

No mud here, my ground is solid.

I paid plenty of attention, including the bit where Clegg said that he would support the party with the largest majority. I can also understand that as very junior party in a coalition you don't get your own way on everything no matter how much you stamp your pretty little feet.

"Tory cuts versus Labour investment" I'm still none the wiser if (as stated earlier) Labour are now claiming that their cuts would be deeper.

Re Clegg it is one thing to support and join a coalition, it is quite another to discard your principles and everything you stood for when you were asking for peoples votes in order to obtain power. There has to be some give and take in a Coalition on the economy, but Student fees have nothing to do with the deficiet, the changes we are told won't have had an impact by the time George Osborne has cut his way out of the problem... (assuming you are gullible enough to believe the economy can be kick started by starving it... but then there seem to be quite a few gullibles around you are not on your own).

Maybe the fact you are making up Labour's economic position might be the reason you are confused? Try reading Ed Milliband's speech to the CBI a few weeks ago if you really are interested.

Re Clegg it is one thing to support and join a coalition, it is quite another to discard your principles and everything you stood for when you were asking for peoples votes in order to obtain power.

More Labour tosh.

Clegg has not discarded everything he stood for. He has had to compromise and some pledges have been put aside or scrapped due to two factors. 1st they are not in charge its a coalition, and 2nd the country was left is such a terrible state things had to change.

Archived