Anyone know if you are allowed to put cards in the blue box?

Hetty

Now we have a blue box instead of the blue bin, all paper goes in the black bin. I can't be bothered with the blue box as we have nowhere sensible to store it and we don't produce much waste paper anyway.

I find the new system much simpler as it's the empty bottles which take up space. We used to drive them to the recycling centre, but now they're taken away in the blue bin.

Everything go's in the wheelie bin. If the powers that be want to recycle it then let them do it. Keeping a dog and barking myself ??..................

That is a bit of a silly attitude really. It isn't difficult to put glass and cans into the blue bin.

Having said that, the OPs question is really interesting. We are paying Veolia to dispose of our waste and yet some of us feel obliged to ask whether we are "allowed" to put certain types of paper waste into a paper recycler. If we aren't, we deserve a bloody good explanation as to why not.

I had a piece of MDF removed from my black bin last week, by the binmen. I phoned to ask why and nobody could give me a decent reason. Given that the contents of my bin go to Bernard Road incinerator, I'd be surprised if anyone could give me a good reason.

It really is time that someone explained to Veolia, Capita and all the other private companies employed by the council that they are working for us and that they rely upon us for their profits. Either that, or we could employ our own binmen again.

Archived