Mouth cancer awareness please read

norks

I am starting this thread because a very dear friend of mine has had this terrible disease and nearly lost his life from it.

Please please go to your dentist if you have any of the following symptoms.

A lesion/ sore or ulcer which does not heal within three weeks.

A white or red patch anywhere in or on your mouth or gums.

A painless lump/bump or other abnomality which has not healed or gone away within three weeks.

Mouth cancer is often discribed as the silent killer becuse in todays busy lifestyle too many people put off going to the dentist or simply do not know the danger signs to look out for.

My friend Dave thought as much when he first noticed a lump on his gum, it was still bothering him weeks later so he booked in to see his dentist. His dentist immediately referred him to Charles Clifford dental hospital where he was told that he had cancer and if they did not operate " immediately" he would die.

This shocked him beyond belief as the lump had not been painful but just bothersome.

He had very invasive operation which thank god saved his life and is now a member of the heads together cancer support group.

Heads together are a lovely bunch of cancer warriors who are all upbeat and positive about their experiances of battling this deadly disease.

Anyone who has been or is going through mouth cancer and wants some support from people who have battled the same then please pm me and i would be happy to forward on your messages to dave who can give you all the info you need.

Archived