Smokers in pub and company door ways.

I am currently one of the million pregnant women in this country. I wouldn't consider going to a pub or restaurant that allowed smoking because of the dangers posed by the poison gases in the air. Now I am free to enjoy our pubs even if I don't partake of the alcoholic beverages on offer. I would however prefer not to have to push my way past folks who are blocking doorways regardless of whether they are smoking or not.

I am currently one of the million pregnant women in this country. I wouldn't consider going to a pub or restaurant that allowed smoking because of the dangers posed by the poison gases in the air. Now I am free to enjoy our pubs even if I don't partake of the alcoholic beverages on offer. I would however prefer not to have to push my way past folks who are blocking doorways regardless of whether they are smoking or not.

So you really do want the pub to yourself! Sorry that us other mere mortals are invading your space, ever heard of live an let live!!!!

So you really do want the pub to yourself! Sorry that us other mere mortals are invading your space, ever heard of live an let live!!!!

I didn't say that. I am happy to share the pub with anyone who wants to use it. I just don't feel smokers have any right to force my child to breathe their poison. As the law stands smokers are not prevented from smoking. They simply have to do it where it won't damage the health of others.

Ever heard of live and let live? That's just what the restrictions provide.

More than 80% of the UK population chose not to smoke.

I didn't say that. I am happy to share the pub with anyone who wants to use it. I just don't feel smokers have any right to force my child to breathe their poison. As the law stands smokers are not prevented from smoking. They simply have to do it where it won't damage the health of others.

Ever heard of live and let live? That's just what the restrictions provide.

More than 80% of the UK population chose not to smoke.

Then don't take your child to the pub!!

Typically, the non smokers seem to be rejecting the notion of 'compromise'. Its the due to the complete lack of compromise that we now have the situation of smokers congregating in doorways. If the government had considered this draconian law thoroughly before implementing it, doorways and the like would not be overflowing with smokers and their dog ends... they would be sat in comfortable designated smoking rooms as opposed to the choice of a doorway or a crappy Gazebo at the back of the building next to the bins. (to which there is a thread on this very forum of somebody complaining that the smoke from the smoking area 'wafts' through the window and into the main bar)

Whenever anything is banned without serious consideration as to the ramifications, the 'problem' simply moves elsewhere and usually causes just as much of a problem as the original issue did.

Typically, the non smokers seem to be rejecting the notion of 'compromise'. Its the due to the complete lack of compromise that we now have the situation of smokers congregating in doorways. If the government had considered this draconian law thoroughly before implementing it, doorways and the like would not be overflowing with smokers and their dog ends... they would be sat in comfortable designated smoking rooms as opposed to the choice of a doorway or a crappy Gazebo at the back of the building next to the bins. (to which there is a thread on this very forum of somebody complaining that the smoke from the smoking area 'wafts' through the window and into the main bar)

Whenever anything is banned without serious consideration as to the ramifications, the 'problem' simply moves elsewhere and usually causes just as much of a problem as the original issue did.

How very odd. I seem to remember that the smoking restrictions were based on years of studies by medical professionals, years of debates in the Commons and the Lords, and a free vote by our elected representitives in each house. That hardly sounds like "without serious consideration".

With all the will in the world.... You cant polish a Turd. .

It seems like you are trying very hard to do that.

Archived