Smokers in pub and company door ways.

I smoke in bus stops and stub out on the nazi sign.

Ostendo primo conditionem hominum extra societatem civilem (quam conditionem appellare liceat statum naturae) aliam non esse quam bellum omnium contra omnes; atque in eo bello jus esse omnibus in omnia

I show in the first place that the state of men without civil society (which state may be called the state of nature) is nothing but a war of all against all; and that in that war, all have a right to all things.

You sound triumphantly disrespectful!

and how many millions are paid in from the taxes of smokers?

Dunno, believe i've heard reports on Look North stating it'd make the country better off. I'm sure some googlist could find some facts and figures.

If were now talking taxes, what about alcohol and other illicit drugs, and the damage and costs they incur?

Its a shame that a huge fine cannot be slapped on the people that still insist on whinging about smokers smoking in doorways.

Are people still smoking in the pub on the next table to you?... No?

Are people still smoking in the office in the next bay to you?... No?

Are people still smoking in the restaurant on the next table to you?... No?

Are people still smoking in hospital in the next bed to you?... No?

Are people still smoking outside in the wind and rain because of you?... Yes?

Stop moaning.

Perhaps the no smoking law would have been better if smoking were only permitted indoors and those wishing 'smoke free air' had the entire outside of everywhere with all that fresh unpolluted air to enjoy?

There's nothing positive about the ignorance of smoking in a doorway. There is no excuse so some posters on here should stop trying to find one. Its the reason why smokers are so despised, along with throwing fag ends on to the floor or out of car windows.

LOL, the lady who lives opposite me, opens here car door and dumps the car ashtray on the floor. Then drives off, obviously has a lot of respect for her environment, oh and for earlier statements, yes she's on benefits.

Its a shame that a huge fine cannot be slapped on the people that still insist on whinging about smokers smoking in doorways.

Are people still smoking in the pub on the next table to you?... No?

Are people still smoking in the office in the next bay to you?... No?

Are people still smoking in the restaurant on the next table to you?... No?

Are people still smoking in hospital in the next bed to you?... No?

Are people still smoking outside in the wind and rain because of you?... Yes?

Stop moaning.

Perhaps the no smoking law would have been better if smoking were only permitted indoors and those wishing 'smoke free air' had the entire outside of everywhere with all that fresh unpolluted air to enjoy?

I'm a smoker (addict) and even to me that makes no sense what so ever...

I'm a smoker (addict) and even to me that makes no sense what so ever...

:D

The only sense it is supposed to make is that some people are never happy with their lot.

Since the smoking ban, i have never seen anybody smoking within a public enclosed space but have heard more people moan about smoking in other areas than ever before. Back in the summer of last year, i heard a huge row between a pair of couples in a beer garden, about smoking!.. The only place within the pubs grounds that smoking was permitted and the non smokers assumed jurisdiction over the smokers.

Im sure if the day had not been glorious and had been a cold winters evening instead, the non smokers wouldnt have given a rats about the smoking in the beer garden then but because it was a nice day and the non smokers wanted to sit in the beer garden, they wanted the smokers (who dont have a choice to go inside) to stub out so the moral high grounders could have their way.

:D

The only sense it is supposed to make is that some people are never happy with their lot.

Since the smoking ban, i have never seen anybody smoking within a public enclosed space but have heard more people moan about smoking in other areas than ever before. Back in the summer of last year, i heard a huge row between a pair of couples in a beer garden, about smoking!.. The only place within the pubs grounds that smoking was permitted and the non smokers assumed jurisdiction over the smokers.

Im sure if the day had not been glorious and had been a cold winters evening instead, the non smokers wouldnt have given a rats about the smoking in the beer garden then but because it was a nice day and the non smokers wanted to sit in the beer garden, they wanted the smokers (who dont have a choice to go inside) to stub out so the moral high grounders could have their way.

Moral high ground.

I know people who had never smoked until they started hanging around with people who did, in places where there was always smoke. With no badgering what so ever, they soon turned into smokers. It is highly addictive.

A daft comparison but what if people started chasing heroin or cannabis in public places, there all mind altering and addictive and those who desire not to be affected should have that right.

Archived