Smokers in pub and company door ways.

Smoking is not allowed in pub doorways. At the moment it seems self regulation of that part of the law is not working. If it is seen to have become widely ignored I would expect further legislation such as that adopted in Canada and the USA.

So if it is already illegal, what more do you want them to do?

So if it is already illegal, what more do you want them to do?

Well. You know its illegal to smoke in doorways. But you choose to do it anyway becuse it causes inconvenience to those you perceive to have brought about your plight. That's probably what brought about the smoking ban in the first place. A total lack of self regulation.

I suspect that at some time in the future someone will do a review to see how the regulations are working and the fact that smoking in doorways is being flouted will be flagged.

Someone will look into the options and probably impose a similar solution to the one used in the USA.

Okay smokers, lets start a revolution cos I really cannot stand these so called do gooders. Its thru them that we have disrespectful kids, because they say "you cant hit kids", so no discipline, and now they think they are so righteous, they can treat smokers as dog poo, ROLL ON THE REVOLUTION AGAINST DO GOODERS, YOU CAUSE MORE TROUBLE THAN YOU KNOW

Smoking is not allowed in pub doorways. At the moment it seems self regulation of that part of the law is not working. If it is seen to have become widely ignored I would expect further legislation such as that adopted in Canada and the USA.

If that legislation were to be adopted here, I would think that it would simply be the end of many more pubs because the smokers who do still use pubs would then decide that they were being hounded even further and would simply stay at home.

I might add, on my own behalf, that I had already started going outside of my own free will for 2 or 3 years before the smoking ban was introduced because my best mate had a heart attack and had to stop smoking. He gave me hell for going outside to make it easier for him but I felt better about it that way.

We are not all totally selfish but I have a really stubborn streak when others try to impose their will upon me.

We used a pub with a non smoking pub within 1/2 mile on either side but even then the non-smokers insisted on using the smoking pub.

That is plain selfishness on the part of non-smokers - the same selfishness which wants to stop us from smoking ouside.

I presume by your lack of grammar and inability to spell that you aren't even old enough to go into public houses, so what is your problem with the current situation?

Oh and here's the proof regarding passive smoking.

http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/healthyliving/smokingandtobacco/howdoweknow/

Second-hand smoking also causes cancer and kills thousands of people every year

Several studies have shown that breathing in other people’s smoke causes cancer in non-smokers. Second-hand smoke contains several cancer causing chemicals. Many of these chemicals are present in higher concentrations than in the smoke inhaled by the smoker themselves.

One study analysed 55 studies from around the world found that non-smoking spouses of people who smoke at home have 27% higher risks of lung cancer. And a review of 22 studies found that people exposed to second-hand smoke in the workplace have 24% higher risks of lung cancer. Those who were exposed to the highest levels of second-hand smoke at work had twice the risks of lung cancer.

One study estimates that passive smoking may kill over 11,000 people every year in the UK from cancer, heart disease, strokes and other diseases.

Second-hand smoking also causes other health problems in non-smokers including asthma and heart disease. One study showed that even 30 minutes of exposure to second-hand smoke can reduce blood flow in a non-smoker’s heart.

Thanks for your reply. If I was that sort of person I could take your comments as an insult, but I will pass the one ting that I will say spelling and grammer has no reflection on the content and the statement posted.

You produce a list of studies and the results, but you have not produced 100% proof to back your argument.

If that legislation were to be adopted here, I would think that it would simply be the end of many more pubs because the smokers who do still use pubs would then decide that they were being hounded even further and would simply stay at home.

I might add, on my own behalf, that I had already started going outside of my own free will for 2 or 3 years before the smoking ban was introduced because my best mate had a heart attack and had to stop smoking. He gave me hell for going outside to make it easier for him but I felt better about it that way.

We are not all totally selfish but I have a really stubborn streak when others try to impose their will upon me.

We used a pub with a non smoking pub within 1/2 mile on either side but even then the non-smokers insisted on using the smoking pub.

That is plain selfishness on the part of non-smokers - the same selfishness which wants to stop us from smoking ouside.

Well Said at last common sence

But of course as you are incapable of seeing anything other than black and white you assume that everyone who objects to smokers blocking dooways is a non smoker.

Bold.

I think thats quite a rich statement considering i am the only one on this thread so far to offer up a theory alternative to the 'copy/paste' google reports offered up by the anti smoking police.

All of the quote.

You also assume that everyone who objects to the anti smoking whingers is a smoker.... I quit earlier this year and my posts can be found on the Champix thread of this forum. I also happen to prefer smoke free pubs (and other public places) for the reasons others have stated. However, i do object strongly to the incessant moaning and vilification of smokers by the Anti smoking whingers.

The anti smoking lot have gotten their will, smoking is banned from indoor areas of public places and without much objection at all, smokers have taken their filthy habit outside into the cold and rain... Still the anti smoking bores are complaining of having to walk past smokers in the street and around doorways, i have witnessed non smokers harassing smokers in a beer garden in the summer and have heard of non smokers complaining that the smell from smokers smoking out of the way around by the bins, 'wafts' through the open windows - along the corridor - up the stairs - past the bandit - over the pool table and right up their noses while sat in the main bar.

Now we have you guys claiming that its not just passive smoking thats harmful... its 3rd hand smoke and residue from smoke thats harmful and are quite happy to copy/paste more google reports as your 'evidence'... on the other current thread, one of the Anti lot even tried to claim that smokers have attempted to say that smoking was even 'healthy'... what utter rubbish! and conclusive proof that the Anti smoking brigade will stop at no level of whining and false flags in order to get their own way.

Control state, prison society.. grim when we all start whining and grassing on each other. Don't you think pollution from cars and the cr@p in the atmosphere is going to do you more harm than a passing whiff of some ones fag...

NAZI STATE WITH EVER GROWING NAZI PEOPLE GRASSING ON EACH OTHER... NOT GOOD

Cars serve a purpose although I don't see why we need to have so many big engined polluting machines. I agree there is too much control over what we can and can't do. You may whinge about smoking but some of my friends could be arrested if they chose to smoke their drug of choice in the street.

I must say that if I had ever considered visiting my local, the ugly looking people stood outside shouting at each other while getting their nicotine fix ensure that I walk on by.

Archived