Smokers in pub and company door ways.

By this logic (and it's not a dig at you personally because a lot of people share you're opinion) smokers shouldn't force 2nd hand smoke onto other people. I'm completely fine with people smoking, thats their choice but i don't think non smokers should have the 2nd hand smoke forced on them

Correct and we should not be forced outside either, we all have our rights, bring back the snug room!!

ofcourse they are, if you wish to smoke you are by law FORCED to do this outside

No, you choose to go outside. You could also choose to stay inside and not smoke.

When i drive a car i choose to drive on the correct side of the road, for many advantageous reasons. I'm not forced to do so.

The govt and non smokers are really two faced, if its so bad why is it not banned, why are they still happy to sell them to us, because of the tax revenue ofcourse.

What's two faced about selling cigarettes? You are perfectly entitled to smoke, so why do you complain that they are still being sold?

Obeying a law and being 'forced' are two different things, maybe?

You try driving on the right hand side of the road and see what happens (after you've been given a load of abuse and the police catch up with you).

You try driving on the right hand side of the road and see what happens (after you've been given a load of abuse and the police catch up with you).

You're taking my quote into a very literal context. I don't want to drive on the right hand side of the road. My point was over the use of the word "forced".

Nobody is forced to smoke outside, it is a choice they made. They chose to smoke, they chose to obey the law, they chose to go and smoke outside when they could've chosen to sit inside and not smoke. That is very different from force being used.

Archived