Smokers in pub and company door ways.

*did you know that the government are looking into bringing back smoking in pubs in the UK?, if it happens pubs will have to get a licence from the local authority and display it in the pub window, it will happen!! - that will be great, all you non smokers can go and drink then in your own smoke free zones and not force your opinions on us smokers!! - this will happen by the way by 2015!!! - happy days to come!!!

*did you know that the government are looking into bringing back smoking in pubs in the UK?, if it happens pubs will have to get a licence from the local authority and display it in the pub window, it will happen!! - that will be great, all you non smokers can go and drink then in your own smoke free zones and not force your opinions on us smokers!! - this will happen by the way by 2015!!! - happy days to come!!!

It won't make any difference to me as I don't particularly like pubs (or any place that sells alcohol).

What's two faced about selling cigarettes? You are perfectly entitled to smoke, so why do you complain that they are still being sold?

Because the govt are happy for them to be sold to gain the revenue but then say that basically you can only smoke at home and the NHS talk about not treating people with smoking related diseases, Sorry but you can not have it both ways. I am a smoker oh and so far a healthy one. must take after grandad who smoked all his life and died at 91 of old age

Really this is good news, I aint heard this at all, I just hope the pubs can hang on until then. I dont go to the pub much, because I like to have a cig with my G&T,

So why do we hear of law enforcement, if the law's do not force you to comply to a set model?

We are heading to arguing over the word force.

I'll change my point. If a smoker is forced outside to smoke, then the inverse would be a non-smoker being forced to breath smoke in himself. So okay, i'll concede there is a "force" to go outside and smoke. That force exists because the opposite is also a force, and society has judged it the greater evil.

ofcourse they are, if you wish to smoke you are by law FORCED to do this outside

Pretty much like using the loo then. No one stops smokers from drinking inside a pub, it is just if they want a cig or a pee they are required to do it elsewhere.

No, you choose to go outside. You could also choose to stay inside and not smoke.

When i drive a car i choose to drive on the correct side of the road, for many advantageous reasons. I'm not forced to do so.

Sorry Chris, you DO NOT choose to drive on the correct side, you again are forced to by law, otherwise you would find yourself arrested for a criminal offence

Archived