Roxy's *Disappointment *

mmitchell

was fun tho - i like the casbah now LOL just next door but one
??

same place, i went to a gig there in april for the first time, its the exact same layout as the wap still

the bands tshirts were on sale where the table footy was and the thrashers hanging out

the soundman was where the pinball tables and booths were

the stage was right at the back where the little alcove bit was

and the bar still on the right as you enter

the toilets were still under the stairs bit too if i remember right

I got two tickets for me and my wife and i was quite excited that it was getting turned back in to Roxy's for that night.

The atmosphere was brilliant i cannot fault that.

When i used to go to Roxy's it was all 80's Motown and Reggae, but last night i didn't hear any of that, and for the live 'bands' (if you can call them that) the street beggers in town could have done better performances than them last night. Its also not as big as it used to be (not saying thats down the people who organized this event).

After all the 'hype' was made of this event and how amazing its going to be, i ended up feeling let down when i got there.

Now they are doing one on boxing day, where if you still have your tickets you get in discounted or something? and if its the same as it was last night, i think ill be giving it a miss I'm sure i might have my hair to do on that night.

Really Really Disappointed! gave in and went home at 2.30 but if the music would have been better i would have stayed to the end

I apologize for those of you that didn't enjoy the event. The first one was a sort of all rounder for all ROXY fans. However. The following events will be more like each dedicated Roxy night used to be.. Boxing day will be totally Roxy's,,All the old classics including Motown and so forth. Then on another night there may be a rock night and so forth..Dont give up people it takes a lot to please everyone......Stevie G

ooo we went n really really enjoyed it, got to admit the cher act was shocking, don`t really know why they had the live `bands` on!

and they did play some trancy music(wasn`t really roxy style) but loads of 80`s music, missed the motown slot that roxys always had tho, maybe they should make sure they do that next time.

great night!!!

There will definatly be motown on Boxing day.... Stevie G

Archived