Old Harrow disco

mike-s

Hi, Does anyone remember Greg and Ian(?) who ran the Old Harrow disco back in the 70s? I played in a band with Greg for a short while. Last time I saw him was years ago, he had a architectural antiques business in the old buildings opposite the queens head on Pond St and I think Ian(?) had an antique shop in Chesterfield, his surname will come to me as soon as I post the thread!. Greg had a good singing voice in the Bob Seger style.

• 2 years later...
Hi, Does anyone remember Greg and Ian(?) who ran the Old Harrow disco back in the 70s? I played in a band with Greg for a short while. Last time I saw him was years ago, he had a architectural antiques business in the old buildings opposite the queens head on Pond St and I think Ian(?) had an antique shop in Chesterfield, his surname will come to me as soon as I post the thread!. Greg had a good singing voice in the Bob Seger style.

Hi Mike, Think the Ian(?) you mention might have been Steve Womersley. Steve sold his part of the antique business to his business partner Ian Morris who still has an antique shop in Chesterfield. Steve moved to the Scilly isles to run a boarding house in the mid 70's. I think Gregg passed away quite young years ago.

Hi Mike, Think the Ian(?) you mention might have been Steve Womersley. Steve sold his part of the antique business to his business partner Ian Morris who still has an antique shop in Chesterfield. Steve moved to the Scilly isles to run a boarding house in the mid 70's. I think Gregg passed away quite young years ago.

Hi, funnily enough I remembered Steves name a few days ago, I bought a car from him many years ago, an old MGBGT. A big shock about Greg though, I played in a band with him for a short time, any idea what happened?. Mike-s.

Hi, funnily enough I remembered Steves name a few days ago, I bought a car from him many years ago, an old MGBGT. A big shock about Greg though, I played in a band with him for a short time, any idea what happened?. Mike-s.

Unfortunately my memory is not good at remembering timescales, but I would think it was roughly about 16 years ago. Something in the back of my mind seems to think he was about 38 when he died of cancer. Steve always had big or fast cars. I used to repair a 2.3 litre Vauxhall Ventora and after that a Nissan 280z for him. I occasionally worked for him at the antiques shop. I remember on Bank holiday Mondays we used to go to "arra" then when it shut we would all jump in the back of Gregg's Transit van (about 15 of us) and shoot out to Bakewell market cos the pubs were open all day there.

Andy

Unfortunately my memory is not good at remembering timescales, but I would think it was roughly about 16 years ago. Something in the back of my mind seems to think he was about 38 when he died of cancer. Steve always had big or fast cars. I used to repair a 2.3 litre Vauxhall Ventora and after that a Nissan 280z for him. I occasionally worked for him at the antiques shop. I remember on Bank holiday Mondays we used to go to "arra" then when it shut we would all jump in the back of Gregg's Transit van (about 15 of us) and shoot out to Bakewell market cos the pubs were open all day there.

Andy

Thats really sad, he was a nice guy. That would have been the same smokey transit we used for the band!.

• 9 years later...