CAR STOLEN! Silver Fabia VRS - WORKSOP, NOTTS

rik_t

0130 Saturday morning we woke with the kids crying and the house alarm sounding. Went downstairs to find paving slab put through the patio door. Then heard shouting from the drive, looked through peep hole to see VRS being reversed and drive off at speed! Luckily the wifes ST keys were out of sight so that is still here.

Anyway, please can you look out for my car. It is on private plate H20 RLT but is a 53 plate really. Has facelight rear lights. metallic silver. Gunmetal alloys with VRS middles, steering wheel also has VRS badge. Has silver retro rear skoda badge and black retro front skoda badge. Finally the fabia badge has been removed. Lots of things which make it stand out.

I live in Worksop, Notts. Please look out for the car, hopefully these <REMOVED> can be caught.

The main thing is we and the kids are all okay and also the ST is still here.

Some pictures for info:

SANY0623.jpg

SANY0624.jpg

SANY0625.jpg

SANY0626.jpg

SANY0627.jpg

Oh thats awfull,I have read something like this on hear in chapeltown i think last year.

Its the kids i feel sorry for wished theyd have wrapped it round a lampost!

Its so wrong, as soon as i come home i lock the door behind me and allways at night.

I never know whats right or wrong regarding the car keys as i would rather them just take the car than break in and threaten the family for them!

Its so wrong.

Hope you get it back although i doubt it as it looks like it was stolen to order.

Sorry to hear about this. It was probably the ST they were after. These car burglars almost never threaten people to get the car keys. Usually they want to get in, grab the keys off the side and get out quickly.

You can reduce the chance of being a victim of this type of crime by:

1. Hide car keys so people looking in from outside can't see them.

2. If you've got a garage - keep your pride and joy out of sight in it.

3. If no garage, try to block your most expensive car in with other vehicles if you have them.

When this happened to us, 5 years ago next January, we hid our keys in so many different places that even we couldn't find them. We now hide them in the ***********, that seems as good a place as any.

IMHO all cars should be made thief proof, windows should be unbreakable and thieving scroats should spend a day in the stocks. :rant:

Sorry to hear about this. It was probably the ST they were after. These car burglars almost never threaten people to get the car keys. Usually they want to get in, grab the keys off the side and get out quickly.

You can reduce the chance of being a victim of this type of crime by:

1. Hide car keys so people looking in from outside can't see them.

2. If you've got a garage - keep your pride and joy out of sight in it.

3. If no garage, try to block your most expensive car in with other vehicles if you have them.

unfortunately thats not the case if you read the MLR (mitsubishi lancer) and subaru forums, owners have been beaten in their homes by masked gangs and knives/weapons produced to make owners offer up their hidden keys. If they want the vehicle badly enough, they will come in and get it, and will steal or move other cars to get at it. very harsh prison sentences required if and when they are caught.

unfortunately thats not the case if you read the MLR (mitsubishi lancer) and subaru forums, owners have been beaten in their homes by masked gangs and knives/weapons produced to make owners offer up their hidden keys. If they want the vehicle badly enough, they will come in and get it, and will steal or move other cars to get at it. very harsh prison sentences required if and when they are caught.

It would take a very desperate thief to hang around in someone's house with the burglar alarm ringing, trying to force the occupants to tell them where the car keys are.

Archived