New Landdlord - The Plough, Sandygate Road

scentral

Good luck with it. The last time that I was in a few weeks ago it was utterly abysmal. Not a single thing was right, not one.

I can't help feeling that some of the things planned might not be right for the location though.

And can you turn off that stupid big screen unless there's a real reason for it to be on, like it's 3pm on Saturday?

Its a nice comfy pub, the new landlord seems quite friendly, the Five Rivers was rather tasty last week, the TV dosen't need to be on though its a distraction from the conversation- and I can watch it at home!

I hope its a success though, The Plough could do with some stability.

I used to live next door to this pub. The problem is, the pub doesn't know what it wants to be.

It's trying too hard to cater for all tastes. It needs to go down the food route or the drinkers route, with sport and drink offers ect.... You can't have both in a pub of this size.

Went in twice recently though its not really local for me. Nice pub and spotlessly clean. However no atmosphere as really empty also very expensive. Real ale ok but nothing really special. Having said that, I hope it goes well - rather see a pub still going and not boarded up like the Millhouses.

Archived