How to clean my windshield?

Hi people,

The windshield on my car needs cleaning on the inside because as soon as the sun hits it I can't see a thing. I've tried just a plain cloth and it did nothing, so I went to Halfords and bought some wipes specially for the inside of windows but that is rubbish too.

What would you recommend?

Best stuff I have used is 'Halfords Intensive Glass Cutter' cleans owt off, my windscreen (on the outside) had had rain x on at some point and when ever it rained and my wipers were on it would just get smearier and smeriar untill I could hardly see. Tried viniger, newspaper etc etc and the only thing I could find to get rid of it was the above product.

Best stuff I have used is 'Halfords Intensive Glass Cutter' cleans owt off, my windscreen (on the outside) had had rain x on at some point and when ever it rained and my wipers were on it would just get smearier and smeriar untill I could hardly see. Tried viniger, newspaper etc etc and the only thing I could find to get rid of it was the above product.

Most products like Rain X are good until you use the wipers.

I use Autoglym glass polish on the outside every now and again. I think it's very, very, very mildly abrasive so it gets rid of the crud build up.

I just use household glass cleaner on the inside though. I have a j-cloth in the glovebox and give it a wipe every now and again so it doesn't get a build up.

Archived