Fast Food Tax for all?

And it's a fast food that is actually good for you. Even healthy food is bad for you if you eat it in really vast quantities as they do State side

We should tax the producers. If they want to make massive profits off the back of a growing 'fast' society then they should pay for it. Why hammer the the rest of us if we eat healthily? At least tobacco is a focused tax.

We are heading slowly towards the States in this area but we have a long way to go before that happens.

Deep fried fish & chips good for you ? take away the chips, take the battered skin off the fish...now you're talking :) Fish & chips has been the most popular fast food in England as far as I remember :huh:

again why should I pay more for my alcohol AND NOW certain types of food because some fools in society cant regulate themselves properly?

they need reprogramming with a slap or 3 rather than making everybody pay through the nose

That's about the size of it, bloody hell and I didn't think I'd ever see myself agreeing with you.

People generally get that because they eat too much overall, eat too much of the wrong type of food and don't exercise enough.

A tax would not work because they would just make junk at home, or even worse, find a substitute.

That's about the size of it, bloody hell and I didn't think I'd ever see myself agreeing with you.

People generally get that because they eat too much overall, eat too much of the wrong type of food and don't exercise enough.

A tax would not work because they would just make junk at home, or even worse, find a substitute.

generations have become lazy and now the offspring dont even know what some types of food are let alone cook.

the missus used to be a youth worker in south bank and the kids didnt know what certain fruits and veg were let alone ever tasted one.

plus on an evening when im coming home from work, waiting for the bus, you see the same kids (and in some cases adults too) hanging about going into the same takeaways day after day after day.

Not all fast food is unhealthy, look at Subway, some things in there are really healthy and others really unhealthy, so does it become taxable once you add full fat mayo instead of mayo lite?

I just thing it's a rubbish idea, I mean you could put extra taxes on everything on the basis of the risk they cause, tax on stilletos because people may fall and injure themselves in them.

Idea's ridiculous.

Shouldn't be compared to smoking, you need food to live, you don't need tobacco.

Deep fried fish & chips good for you ? take away the chips, take the battered skin off the fish...now you're talking :) Fish & chips has been the most popular fast food in England as far as I remember :huh:

Yes, very good for you. If you eat it 3 times a day then you'll have problems.

As for the most popular? Must've been a long long time since you've been in the UK. Fish n chips doesn't cost 1/6d any more duck.

Putting the price up won't stop people eating unhealthy food. Cigarettes are really expensive - nearly £7 a pack, but it doesn't stop people buying them. Everyone is aware of the health risks from smoking, but that doesn't stop dedicated smokers.

The same applies to food. People who rely on processed food often don't know how to cook from fresh. And processed food is the worst culprit for being full of salt and fat, or sugar. Fast food is fine on the odd occasion, but not as a staple diet and certainly not for very small children who should be having fresh veg, fruit and home cooked food. Weaning by sausage rolls and chicken nuggets isn't really on. :roll:

I don't know if cooking is still part of school curriculum, but it should be.

Putting the price up won't stop people eating unhealthy food. Cigarettes are really expensive - nearly £7 a pack, but it doesn't stop people buying them. Everyone is aware of the health risks from smoking, but that doesn't stop dedicated smokers.

The same applies to food. People who rely on processed food often don't know how to cook from fresh. And processed food is the worst culprit for being full of salt and fat, or sugar. Fast food is fine on the odd occasion, but not as a staple diet and certainly not for very small children who should be having fresh veg, fruit and home cooked food. Weaning by sausage rolls and chicken nuggets isn't really on. :roll:

I don't know if cooking is still part of school curriculum, but it should be.

It's just another scam to get more money off people.............

Instead of taxing these foods, why not help the public understand whats in them?? i've come across many people who have bought 'healthy products' that are not so healthy!

People aren't fat because they choose to be, there are many reasons whether it be medical, addictive, mentally so forth.

Smoking doesn't contain hidden carlories, sat fats, sugar ect.

I've come to realise you'll live alot longer if you're happy with what you're doing in yourself, rather than worrying about what every single word these so called experts tell us to do.

Archived