Did any particular film and star win you over to them

Asaw

Among many others my favorite western was SHANE,staring ALAN LADD,JEAN ARTHUR,VAN HEFLIN and BRANDON DE-WILDE as little joe.It was voted one of the best western's ever at the time,because of the storyline.Named our first son after it.eightlegger.

Good film and an even better book, i remember the first line even today 50 years later ,it was. He rode into our valley in the summer of ?.

Any one remember who the author was, I remember a guy called Zane Grey was a popular western writer around that time.

Percy Herbert: Stalwart of British war films, I don't think you would call him a star but he has had small parts in several classic films. I always remember the scene in Sea Of Sand where he has been left behind in the desert because he is wounded and he tries to ambush German half tracks. Also seen in Bridge On The River Kwai where he was also an advisor, (he had been a prisoner of the Japanese) it was his suggestion that the prisoners whistled Colonel Bogie. He was a great underrated actor.

Archived