How can we stop knife crime

I know its a crazy idea but what if we had a police force - I hear that some countries swear by them. Maybe they could be recruited from the guys who sit in vans all day taking photo's of cars exceeding the speed limit by 3 miles on totally empty roads; might give them something to live for and some pride in their lives. Far fetched I know, sorry.

Given that there's about a thousand people killed in car accidents for every person stabbed to death, I think they're better used where they are.

Are you a criminal before you commit the crime, then you gotta ask about intent.

But also what if you stop it before it happens, then there's not been a crime committed and therefore probably no criminal!

For most offences you need 'mens rea' - a guilty mind, an intention - and an 'actus reus' - the act itself.

For statutory offences, the actus reus will suffice alone.

If you stop the stabbing before it happens (and if the person you were going to stab didn't see you [if (s)he did, then there could be the offence of assault] then there was no crime.

If there's no crime (you were going to stab him in the back, he didn't see you so there was no assault) then there is no criminal.

Along with the Liberal minded bleeding heart mob that protect the scumbags.

I am very angry about this!. I'm not being racist but the bastions of political correctness are getting away soctt free. Read my lips: lock our kids away to save them. What do you think?!?!

Archived