How can we stop knife crime

Half (no, no stats) of knife crime is by criminals anyway, most of them are either druggies or alcoholics.

But generally it's smaller people or scared bullies who go for a weapon, so i'd say a better education in dealing with conflict.

What, you mean educate them how to kill people?

is there a way to stop knife crime the answer i would say is no because you can take the person but never the knife

Easy. Simply legalise carrying knives and stabbing people with them.

No more knife crime, at the drop of a hat.

Is that not the answer that you wanted? :rolleyes:

As I just pointed out, the death penalty has never been a deterrent.

That's debatable since we will never know how many people thought of murder, might even have planned it but backed off because of fear of being caught and paying the penalty.

Of course there are many who murdered thinking they would get away with it and those who lost control of themselves and murdered in a rage but to repeat we will never know the number who were deterred because of the death penalty

There are around 700 on death row in California at the moment. Usually it takes 20 to 30 years for the actual sentence to be carried out, so the chances are that a lot of them will die of old age or other causes before they meet the man with the syringe and there is an overall reluctance to carry out the sentence anyway in that state.

Texas and Florida however are a whole different matter

That's debatable since we will never know how many people thought of murder, might even have planned it but backed off because of fear of being caught and paying the penalty.

Of course there are many who murdered thinking they would get away with it and those who lost control of themselves and murdered in a rage but to repeat we will never know the number who were deterred because of the death penalty

We don't need to, there are a huge wealth of stats and studies that show that there is 0 correlation between having the death penalty and crime rates.

We may not know the exact number of people who are deterred by the thought of the death penalty, but a basic knowledge of statistics is enough to reveal that the number is close enough to 0 as to be insignificant.

Is it worth risking killing innocent people for a 0% drop in crime?

I don't think so.

Archived