Silversmiths restaurant pie night

JanPud

Hi all,

Does anyone know how busy this place gets on a Tuesday?

I'm dying to try the place and want to book a table for tomorrow evening bt I fear I may be too late.

(yes have tried ringing but not open on Mondays to ask what availability is like)

thanks for your help

J

• 4 months later...

a group of us went last night.

As far as I knew, we had a booking for 10. :(

They sat us at a table for 8, leaving 2 people to squish at the end. :(

We ordered our drinks, and when they were delivered, they were delivered one at a time..... like the waiter only had the use of 1 hand, and/or had never heard of a tray :(

We ordered our pies, most of us with chips. When they brought the chips out, they were not a side order of chips each, but 'chips to share' :(

£8.50 for a pie and a shared side order (only about 10 chips in each 'shared' bowl).

At the end of the meal, the waitress asked if we would like desert (no thanks) coffee or tea? (no thanks) anything else? (no thanks). Any normal waiting staff would take this as we were ready to pay, but about 15 minutes later (and well after our table had been cleared), we realised we still didnt have the bill, so had to ask for it :(

I wouldn't recommend the place :(

We ordered our drinks, and when they were delivered, they were delivered one at a time..... like the waiter only had the use of 1 hand, and/or had never heard of a tray :(

We ordered our pies, most of us with chips. When they brought the chips out, they were not a side order of chips each, but 'chips to share' :(

£8.50 for a pie and a shared side order (only about 10 chips in each 'shared' bowl).

At the end of the meal, the waitress asked if we would like desert (no thanks) coffee or tea? (no thanks) anything else? (no thanks). Any normal waiting staff would take this as we were ready to pay, but about 15 minutes later (and well after our table had been cleared), we realised we still didnt have the bill, so had to ask for it :(

That sounds like our vist, even though there was only 2 of us- they managed to get every single thing wrong over the course of the entire meal.

I certainly wouldn't go again.

Jeez, dont say that Ive booked a table for me and the lady on Saturday evening. I was expecting good things, I shall hope that as Im paying full price on meals I get treated better. I dont see that happening though.

the food really was quite nice, though. :D

We also had our booking time moved forward by 30mins at very short notice (i.e. a few hours before we were supposed to turn up). It looks like they have trouble with their capacity planning.

Archived