When should we put up the Christmas Deco's??

First week in December, if I bother putting any up. Up until December, I'm totally "Bah, humbug" about Christmas - I hate having the cards and tinsel and stuff inthe shops from August onwards - it makes be grumpy!!

Traditionaly the decorations were put up on Christmas Eve , however, in this day and age any time after August

:hihi: It just feels like that!

A week before Christmas, at the earliest! I can understand families with children putting them up a bit earlier, but not til December, please.

This year it got as far as the 14th November before I got fed up of Christmas advertising, which is even earlier than last year.

I usually put some decorations up in the week before Christmas and take them down again on 12th night, but my idea of decorations generally extend as far as a garland around the chimney breast and not a lot else.

If my late mother had her way, the decorations would have gone up on Xmas eve, and been down the day after boxing day!

she hated the decorations, and thought they cluttered the place up!

I used to say never before Advent, to put them up, and taken down for twelfth night.

Archived