When should we put up the Christmas Deco's??

Hate the thought of doing it because as there's so much to put up, it feels like a chore. Once I've decided to do it, usually about 2 weekends before Christmas Day, I get the sherry out, put the Xmas favourites on the TV music channel (very loud volume) and get on with it. Then I love it!

Takes me one evening to do everything, except the tree - half the bottle of sherry gone - then the following evening, I do the tree. Needless to say, I have then run out of sherry!

If Slade's 'Merry Xmas Everyone' comes on, everything stops for a dance and a singalong!.... oh, likewise if Jona Lewie comes on, or Wizzard, Elton John, Wham, The Pogues, Bing & Bowie, and anyone singing Winter Wonderland.

Similarly, taking them down involves a couple of evenings. Once again, sadly I admit, aided by alcohol (usually white wine - fed up of sherry by now!). The first evening (usually after the 4th Jan and before the 6th of January of course), ie the 5th, is when I remove the decs. Some time during the following week, the decs are tenderly packed away.

All too soon, it seems nowadays, i have to repeat the process. It is a bit of a chore, but I love it really!

We have talked about employing my mother-in-law to put ours up this year, she does it all neat. But I like doing it - anyway once my 2 year old and my cat have had hold of it it will be a mess anyway.

I usually have it up 12 days before and 12 days after. Last year I put it up on 1st and was sick of seeing it by Christmas Day and one year it came down on Boxing Day because the tree broke :hihi:

We put ours up about 10 ten days before, take them down day after boxing day.

Last night our Gurty drove me to a house near here, to show me a dwelling with the windows full of christmas decorations and even their shed made out like santas grotto. If that wasn't odd enough for this time of year she told me it's been like that for the past 4 months.

Archived