Congratulations..to William and Kate ..royal wedding 2011

You're assuming that SF posters are a general cross section of the UK public... :)

No I'm not. I'm talking about people I have spoken to since this snooze story broke yesterday. TBH it's more like 70-30 against; based on the reponses I got from the (admitedly few) people I spoke to. This thread is just the icing, so to speak.

So that makes it OK to take more than they need from us, does it (they have enough personal wealth to pay for this wedding 5 times over)?

why should they use their private wealth to fund a public event?

Again its just jealousy about inherited wealth. They will bring in a lot of money for the country when they have their wedding.

Again its just jealousy about inherited wealth. They will bring in a lot of money for the country when they have their wedding.

Er, because of the state of the economy, when everyone else is having to make cutbacks, losing benefits, their jobs, having their pay frozen etc and we're preached at about the nation being broke yet millions are thrown at a wedding?

No I'm not. I'm talking about people I have spoken to since this snooze story broke yesterday. TBH it's more like 70-30 against; based on the reponses I got from the (admitedly few) people I spoke to. This thread is just the icing, so to speak.

in presumably a very small area of sheffield.

This is not a statistic. I think the royal family are good value. Not just in monetary terms but in poitical terms as well.

Of course the angry people shout louder!

It's not a public ceremony, otherwise everyone could attend.

Again its just jealousy about inherited wealth.

Not for me. I'm totally anti-royalist (I'd be first in line to wield the axe, should the oportuniy arise). It's about taking from the pot when you don't need to.

BTW... It's not inherited wealth, it's stolen wealth from the people of the UK.

Er, because of the state of the economy, when everyone else is having to make cutbacks, losing benefits, their jobs, having their pay frozen etc and we're preached at about the nation being broke yet millions are thrown at a wedding?

It is a public event though. They would not be allowed a private wedding so why should they pay for it?

Again 15million came from Katedave not balmoral!

Archived