Congratulations..to William and Kate ..royal wedding 2011

So? Other countries have done so.

Just 'cause the cameras will be there (taking over all channels - again) doesn't make it public.

• Will you be able to attend the ceremnoy? - No.
  • Will you be able to attend the reception? - No.

Seems pretty private/elitist to me.

you actually want to cut off their heads because they inherited a title:loopy:

Versailles does quite well too considering that it's not been inhabited by a royal for over 200 years.

So you're ok with having had a royal family but just not now? Seems a bit hypocritical... Surely you're either for a Royal family or against..?Without a royal family would places like Versailles ever have been built?

Why get personal?

'cause I don't see any benefits in keeping them, to be honest. We could manage quite well without them.

As a country I would say that we have benefited from having them..

I'm still not getting it. What benefits are these (tourism can be discounted as - as posted by Suffragette1 - countries with no monarchy do pretty well without one).

So you're ok with having had a royal family but just not now? Seems a bit hypocritical... Surely you're either for a Royal family or against..?Without a royal family would places like Versailles ever have been built?

Yer wot? How on earth have you managed to infer that? They are a total anachronism and epitomise a rigid class system based on privilege and accident of birth.

I'm still not getting it. What benefits are these (tourism can be discounted as - as posted by Suffragette1 - countries with no monarchy do pretty well without one).

that is tripe as an argument, they are not doing well at tourism because they don't have a monarchy they are doing well because they have something else!

Something that makes us distinctive is the huge old houses and monarchy. There will be a ridiculous number coming from abroad specifically for the wedding.

Archived