Congratulations..to William and Kate ..royal wedding 2011

'cause I don't see any benefits in keeping them, to be honest. We could manage quite well without them.

I'm still not getting it. What benefits are these (tourism can be discounted as - as posted by Suffragette1 - countries with no monarchy do pretty well without one).

You can't discount British Tourism,there will be people who have come here purely for the castles and such....(it's like saying "What did the Romans ever do for us...":))

"...Our research indicates that Monarchy and the associated places, events and history generate directly and indirectly well over £500m a year in revenue for the British tourism industry. We expect that figure to be exceeded next year, thanks to the wedding..."

From here

wrong again, currently the government are "stealing" from us

Since the mass land grab in 1215 when the Magna Carta was signed the "royal family" have stolen this countries wealth and land (how can a person own a county, let alone a country is beyond me).

The monarchy are innocent.

That's 100% bull. Upon signing the Magna Carta the country was divied up between various warlords and then taken back so that it is now wholly owned by the royal family. They are not innocent. Their path to power is paved with the blood of innocents

You will have to chop the heads off the politicians.

Why? We have elections to get rid of our politicians, yet we have no way to get rid of the parasitic royal family as they have the weight of the law on their side.

Since the mass land grab in 1215 when the Magna Carta was signed the "royal family" have stolen this countries wealth and land (how can a person own a county, let alone a country is beyond me).

That's 100% bull. Upon signing the Magna Carta the country was divied up between various warlords and then taken back so that it is now wholly owned by the royal family. They are not innocent. Their path to power is paved with the blood of innocents

Why? We have elections to get rid of our politicians, yet we have no way to get rid of the parasitic royal family as they have the weight of the law on their side.

They are not parasites they make us money.

If someone can't own a county how can anyone own a field? You can either own land or not.

Either way the current monarchy had nothing to with it, you want to kill people because of who they were born to. I think you verge on psychotic!

Archived