Congratulations..to William and Kate ..royal wedding 2011

you gained the benefit of the tax that has been spent by the tourists, our country has gained respect through this queen from other countries throughout the world.

we have benefitted from both.

Why do you seem to think that the tourists come here simply because of the royal family?

Every country has tourists and make money from them.

The United Kingdom ranks only 7th in the tourism stakes and in 2009, this brought in $30.7 billion.

The 6 other countries who make more money than this from tourism don't have royal families.

If you want to believe this then fine, but your argument is purely that - personal belief - NOT FACT

The tourism argument doesn't work for me. If anything the monarchy is an hindrance to tourism, because the houses and points of interest are in use and the tourists can't go in. Do you truly believe people come to London to stand outside Buckingham Palace and admire the flag flying?

Surely the tourists would be more than happy to pay and go inside. The Tower of London serves a better purpose as a tourist trap than a political prison.

If tourism is the only reason for an unjust form of rule then i can happily do without it.

Do you really feel downtrodden by the Royal Family?

The tourism argument doesn't work for me. If anything the monarchy is an hindrance to tourism, because the houses and points of interest are in use and the tourists can't go in. Do you truly believe people come to London to stand outside Buckingham Palace and admire the flag flying?

Surely the tourists would be more than happy to pay and go inside. The Tower of London serves a better purpose as a tourist trap than a political prison.

If tourism is the only reason for an unjust form of rule then i can happily do without it.

what are they ruling? They are just figure heads they don't have official powers.

The tourism argument doesn't work for me either. After all plenty of people visit France and we know what happened to their moanachy.

At least the silly non story is no longer the headlines on the BBC now that they've realised that 1000's of people in Cornwall are being flooded. Pity they didn't realise last night.

Don't you find it strange that many of the people most interested in our royal family come from one of the biggest republics in the world?

America?

Surely they will travel in equally large numbers to Sweden and Holland? And they'd avoid rebellious Ireland completely, if they are so besotted with our Queen.

The tourism argument doesn't work for me. If anything the monarchy is an hindrance to tourism, because the houses and points of interest are in use and the tourists can't go in.

In France however the royal palaces are real tourist attractions, without the royals actually being alive.

Archived