Congratulations..to William and Kate ..royal wedding 2011

You were inferring that the trip to the Far east wasn't value for money...can you back that up...easy question..where are your facts that it wasn't?

The major banks, bailed out by the tax payer are still paying huge bonuses to ceos. Yet the banks are said to be bringing money into the economy. Is that value for money?

For the record the duke cost us £674,000 in travel costs in the first 6 months of 2010. Im pretty sure he aint travelling easyjet.

If that doesnt bother you at all though, you can pay my 68p.

They've been living together and <removed> for years, how preposterous. On the BBC website, it states how William asked Kate's father's permission.:rolleyes:

I asked my future Father-in-law for his daughters hand in marraige, he said "Tha's had everything else lad, tha might as well av her hand!" :hihi:

I doubt it, I reckon your posts may have convinced a few to come over to the other side. Even if they do, that doesn't make them correct! But clearly either way, saying they are less important than jordan has made you look a little foolish!

At least Jordan and Peter Andre earned their wealth and celebrity.:o

The tourism argument doesn't work for me either. After all plenty of people visit France and we know what happened to their moanachy.

At least the silly non story is no longer the headlines on the BBC now that they've realised that 1000's of people in Cornwall are being flooded. Pity they didn't realise last night.

Nor me, it's a rather facile argument and justification in my view. As I, you and others have pointed out, Versailles which is the biggest tourist attraction near France's capital has not been a royal residence for over 200 years. It's the history which is the main pull and we would still have history without the Windsor clan. Do people flock to Stratford in droves hoping to get a glimpse of Shakespeare? Besides, the royals aren't even in residence in Buck House during the peak tourist season, they're all off at Balmoral.

Archived