Congratulations..to William and Kate ..royal wedding 2011

It's anachronistic and sexist. Besides, what would you have done if he'd said 'no'?

I will love it if my boyfirend asks my dad (that will never happen!). But if he did say no I would tell him where to go (that also would never happen!).

Why are you judging someone elses family for doing something traditional and respectful that has no bearing on you?

I hope that taxpayers will not be expected to pay for it considering all the cuts that ordinary people will have to endure. Biggest scroungers in the country that lot. About time we had a president in this country. It is completely stupid that our head of state rules by divine right. We should do what the French did.

So, you want to chop off the heads of royal family? A little bit too extreme for me ;)

Anyway, it's our tradition. Get rid of all our traditions and we'll become fat, hamburger eating Americans living in Europe. And that's something we want to avoid, don't we?

Or possibly the mother has provided. Or possibly the daughter has provided for herself, and will be providing for her husband after the wedding - if she is not already.

It is, as I said, over a century since women were regarded as mere pieces of property that needed to be cared for because they were incapable of doing anything useful themselves. It's time that the last remnants of that belief were swept aside.

If you are secure in the knowledge that you are nobodys property and get respect from your partner and father for who you are, then why be bothered by a harmless tradition?

So, you want to chop off the heads of royal family? A little bit too extreme for me ;)

Anyway, it's our tradition. Get rid of all our traditions and we'll become fat, hamburger eating Americans living in Europe. And that's something we want to avoid, don't we?

:onooooooooooooooooo

It's a sign that the country is another recession. Let's have a jolly good old Royal Wedding to lift the spirits of the people and make them forget their troubles!

Congratulations to the couple - just hope it works out better than his parents marriage did.

Archived