Congratulations..to William and Kate ..royal wedding 2011

I think most people like that. I would be gutted if my dad wasn't there to give me away.

My dad was there at my wedding but didn't give me away. Aside from the symbolism which I hate, it would have seemed utterly ludricous for him to do so, given that I was living with my partner and we had a child together.

My dad was there at my wedding but didn't give me away. Aside from the symbolism which I hate, it would have seemed utterly ludricous for him to do so, given that I was living with my partner and we had a child together.

most people like it, I wouldn't get married a church but I would love Dad to give me away. The cancer advert where the dad is not there for the brides wedding day makes me want to get married today to avoid it.

What did you do at your wedding, I would guess there was a bit of traditionalism or symbolism in there somewhere?

most people like it, I wouldn't get married a church but I would love Dad to give me away. The cancer advert where the dad is not there for the brides wedding day makes me want to get married today to avoid it.

What did you do at your wedding, I would guess there was a bit of traditionalism or symbolism in there somewhere?

Register Office, low key, I had a best woman rather than bridesmaid, who also gave a speech, as did I - my father gave one as he wanted to and was apparently put out that I didn't want to be 'given away' (which I didn't realise until afterwards as he seemed cool with it all). And naturally I have kept my name.:hihi:

I conceded on having a bouquet* as I'd not long since given birth so it was to obscure the post-partum mummy tummy. I got married in orange.

* I have since concluded that these were introduced into the proceedings to hide pregnancies.

Archived