Question on horse muck..

I think it's a case of horses being subject to old laws that haven't been repealed.

I once read that if a horse damages your car you will have difficulty making a claim. (although this may not be true anymore).

Its probably true because they usually favour the less dangerous road users. Pedestrians win over cyclists, cyclists over cars etc. Being in charge of the car you can cause the most damage therefore you have to show the most care.

After observing your pevious posts it appears you have an issue with responsibility. You're responsible for your dogs control not to roll in horse muck, you're also meant to be responsible and drive according to the road conditions.

What a ridiculous thing to say...I have an Issue with responsibility!?!?!?

I'm responsible for cleaning up after my dogs...which I do, I'm NOT responsible for a pile of horse poo 100 yards up a path which my dogs will have sniffed out....

I am a very responsible driver...no bumps or crashes, clean licence for 10 years.....but if you've ever driven on country roads in the dark, as I oft do....there are times when I will undoubtedly come across a pile of the stuff in the road at some point....so I can be fully aware of weather conditions, rain, ice, fog etc all natural occurences and be driving reponsibly..unfortunately there are no forecasts available for random piles of ****e in the road is there???

What a ridiculous thing to say...I have an Issue with responsibility!?!?!?

I'm responsible for cleaning up after my dogs...which I do, I'm NOT responsible for a pile of horse poo 100 yards up a path which my dogs will have sniffed out....

I am a very responsible driver...no bumps or crashes, clean licence for 10 years.....but if you've ever driven on country roads in the dark, as I oft do....there are times when I will undoubtedly come across a pile of the stuff in the road at some point....so I can be fully aware of weather conditions, rain, ice, fog etc all natural occurences and be driving reponsibly..unfortunately there are no forecasts available for random piles of ****e in the road is there???

You're REPONSONSIBLE for having your dogs under control - 100 yards in front isn't under control IF you don't want them rolling in crap. I bet they don't run 100 yards in front near main roads.

You're responsible for driving to suit the conditions -if its dark and horse poo bothers you,slow down. Horse poo is 99.9% vegetation.

You're REPONSONSIBLE for having your dogs under control - 100 yards in front isn't under control IF you don't want them rolling in crap. I bet they don't run 100 yards in front near main roads.

You're responsible for driving to suit the conditions -if its dark and horse poo bothers you,slow down. Horse poo is 99.9% vegetation.

Why would I let my dogs run 100 yards ahead near a main road???

Hosre Poo is 99.9% vegetation, what's that got to do with anything??

Why would I let my dogs run 100 yards ahead near a main road???

Hosre Poo is 99.9% vegetation, what's that got to do with anything??

It squashes under foot and under the tyres of a car.

You seem to be missing the point - there are few occasions when said horse poo can not be avoided and if it can't be it doesn't hurt.

Why would you let your dog run 100 yards in a field IF horse poo bothers you.

Mine run in a paddock full of horse poo, they eat it and roll in it.If it bothered me i'd walk them somewhere else or have them under control.

Is it illegal to let your horse poo on the pavement?

No.

If not, why would I get fined if I didn't pick up my dogs, but a horse is fair game?

Dog mess and mess from other carnivorous animals poses a direct threat to Human health while Horse much or mess by herbivorous animals does not.

I hope that answers your questions.

I do have my dogs under control..it's called 'recall', and I walk my dogs that's not on a bridleway, so there shouldn't be any horse poo, but unfortunately on occasion there has been....

Horse poo does squash under car tyres but in wet conditions becomes a slimy hazard when cars drive through it..

I do drive repnsibly for the conditions.. I KNOW if it's wet, I KNOW if it's icy, I KNOW if it's foggy...I don't KNOW if a horse has dropped it's load on the bend of a road, Im not telepathic, perhaps we should feed horses fluorescent markers so it shines up nice and bright in the headlights.

My Dad was on his way from Penistone last night on his way to pick up my Mom and their elderly cat to go to the vets, he skidded on a patch of what he described as a mixture of mud and farm animal excrement that was spread across the road, he wasn't doing any more than 40 mph....the van ended in a ditch and is a write off, so if anyone knows of a cheap reliable small van let me know ( he needs it for work, he's self employed, budget about £1000, it's all we can scrape together before Christmas, looks like it's going to be a quiet one.. )

Oh, Baby Cat was PTS this morning, thanks to the great nurse at Broomhill who gave her lots of cuddles while she passed away...R.I.P little one, miaow, miaow...:(

So I'm not having a good week thankyou, my Dad's crash could've been a lot more serious....so in my opinion, horse poo can be hazardous to humans...and just because you are a Moderator, doesn't give you the right to think your opinions are more valid than anyone else's.....END OF!!!

Archived