Question on horse muck..

Then there is no problem, because they don't get into the horse muck.

If they are getting into the horse muck against your wishes, then you do not have them under control.

As I said, I walk them where there shouldn't be any as it's not a bridleway....

OH FFS, I'm really not in the mood!!!!

I do have my dogs under control..it's called 'recall', and I walk my dogs that's not on a bridleway, so there shouldn't be any horse poo, but unfortunately on occasion there has been....

Horse poo does squash under car tyres but in wet conditions becomes a slimy hazard when cars drive through it..

I do drive repnsibly for the conditions.. I KNOW if it's wet, I KNOW if it's icy, I KNOW if it's foggy...I don't KNOW if a horse has dropped it's load on the bend of a road, Im not telepathic, perhaps we should feed horses fluorescent markers so it shines up nice and bright in the headlights.

My Dad was on his way from Penistone last night on his way to pick up my Mom and their elderly cat to go to the vets, he skidded on a patch of what he described as a mixture of mud and farm animal excrement that was spread across the road, he wasn't doing any more than 40 mph....the van ended in a ditch and is a write off, so if anyone knows of a cheap reliable small van let me know ( he needs it for work, he's self employed, budget about £1000, it's all we can scrape together before Christmas, looks like it's going to be a quiet one.. )

Oh, Baby Cat was PTS this morning, thanks to the great nurse at Broomhill who gave her lots of cuddles while she passed away...R.I.P little one, miaow, miaow...:(

So I'm not having a good week thankyou, my Dad's crash could've been a lot more serious....so in my opinion, horse poo can be hazardous to humans...and just because you are a Moderator, doesn't give you the right to think your opinions are more valid than anyone else's.....END OF!!!

My position of moderator is irrelevant once i post an opinion. Which is just that an opinion.

You're blaming everyone else for your dogs rolling in crap and your inability to drive though horse muck - hence peoples remarks. Its not like dog crap which is impossible to see most of the time.

Now in your dads scenario the likliehood is that it was from a farmer who had ploughed the fields or muck spreading - completely different.

Sorry about the cat btw.

Where did I blame anyone for my dogs rolling in horse poo??? I choose an area where there shouldn't be any!!

I never said I have an inability to drive through horse poo, I have a 4WD, I suggested it was a potential road hazard!!!

Ploughing/Muck spreading... must be 99.9% vegetation...just squashes under the tyres...you said it!!!

Oh and thanks about Baby Cat, she will be very much missed...17 years is a good innings, she was a very big part of my family..

I wholeheartedly apologise if I've come across ranting, or if people have misread/misunderstood what I've posted.....It really is a horrible day for me today, I haven't had a proper cry about my dad's accident or Baby Cat's demise until now, so I'm just going to sniffle off for a while and have a bit of a chill out.

:cry:

My laptop keyboard's a bit wet now, knowing my luck this week it's probably buggered.....

How is it irrelevant?? I choose to walk them where there SHOULDN'T be horse poo, they are running around in a supposedly poo-free area...the second I see them do drop and roll, they are called back, but seeing as I can't control the space/time continuum, and there is a definite miniscule lapse in dog and human brain synapses firing and responding then they might just get that 2 seconds to get poo round their noses....would I also not be in control of my dogs if they were running round a grassed area and got their paws cut on broken glass for instance...broken glass that shouldn't be there, like the horse poo shouldn't be there??

If 1 more person says my dogs are out of control I'll bring them round their house and let them rub their poo covered noses all over their sofas.....

Lay off, I've had a really ****ty day.......

Lay off, I've had a really ****ty day.......

You are the one making a huge fuss over this.

Anyway, your assertion that because you don't walk your dogs on bridle ways means there shouldn't be any horse poo is a bit off the mark as unless you walk your dogs on the motorway on on private land, there is every chance there could be horse poo there as horses are can go and poo pretty much anywhere.

Archived