Question on horse muck..

You are the one making a huge fuss over this.

Anyway, your assertion that because you don't walk your dogs on bridle ways means there shouldn't be any horse poo is a bit off the mark as unless you walk your dogs on the motorway on on private land, there is every chance there could be horse poo there as horses are can go and poo pretty much anywhere.

Yeah, if you read my previous posts,but in the last 24 hours my dad had a car accident that could've been a hell of a lot worse and my 17 year old cat had to be put down, so might seem to be making a HUGE FUSS TO YOU, but I'm actually feeling very down, I did apologise for coming across a bit full on, but you probably overlooked that and cherry picked from the thread, so obviously there is absolutely NO COMPASSION on this godforsaken bloody forum for someone who might just have to have a bit of a bloody rant because they're feeling not quite on top of things.

I used to love this forum, and have had many a good natured banter, discussion on here and actually with some if the posters on this thread, I use this forum to do some good for for the dog rescues and while posting for good reasons will naturally come across threads I might like to have an opinion on.....but I now feel like a target for some noobs who like to pick on people, were you all bullies at school too....wahay...go for it...I'm 5' tall, wear specs and have ginger hair, why not go the whole hog and just bully away...........

I am now totally 'effed off......I've never met such a bunch of sanctimonious, up their own arses bunch of gits ever......how amazing where all YOUR opinions are soooooooooo right, and anyone who has a differing opinion is open to sarcasm and a lack of compassion....

Yeah, if you read my previous posts,but in the last 24 hours my dad had a car accident that could've been a hell of a lot worse and my 17 year old cat had to be put down, so might seem to be making a HUGE FUSS TO YOU, but I'm actually feeling very down, I did apologise for coming across a bit full on, but you probably overlooked that and cherry picked from the thread, so obviously there is absolutely NO COMPASSION on this godforsaken bloody forum for someone who might just have to have a bit of a bloody rant because they're feeling not quite on top of things.

I used to love this forum, and have had many a good natured banter, discussion on here and actually with some if the posters on this thread, I use this forum to do some good for for the dog rescues and while posting for good reasons will naturally come across threads I might like to have an opinion on.....but I now feel like a target for some noobs who like to pick on people, were you all bullies at school too....wahay...go for it...I'm 5' tall, wear specs and have ginger hair, why not go the whole hog and just bully away...........

I am now totally 'effed off......I've never met such a bunch of sanctimonious, up their own arses bunch of gits ever......how amazing where all YOUR opinions are soooooooooo right, and anyone who has a differing opinion is open to sarcasm and a lack of compassion....

lilypiglet, if you are having such a bad time, I suggest you take time away from any forum as we all know, no matter how versed you are in prose, real emotion and feeling are not easily conveyed by way of text alone.

I'm sorry you are having a bad time of things, but look on the bright side, there always is one and try to look to the positive. Chin up, they say the night is always the darkest before the dawn. There is probably a lot of truth in that.

I do have my dogs under control..it's called 'recall', and I walk my dogs that's not on a bridleway, so there shouldn't be any horse poo, but unfortunately on occasion there has been....

Horse poo does squash under car tyres but in wet conditions becomes a slimy hazard when cars drive through it..

I do drive repnsibly for the conditions.. I KNOW if it's wet, I KNOW if it's icy, I KNOW if it's foggy...I don't KNOW if a horse has dropped it's load on the bend of a road, Im not telepathic, perhaps we should feed horses fluorescent markers so it shines up nice and bright in the headlights.

My Dad was on his way from Penistone last night on his way to pick up my Mom and their elderly cat to go to the vets, he skidded on a patch of what he described as a mixture of mud and farm animal excrement that was spread across the road, he wasn't doing any more than 40 mph....the van ended in a ditch and is a write off, so if anyone knows of a cheap reliable small van let me know ( he needs it for work, he's self employed, budget about £1000, it's all we can scrape together before Christmas, looks like it's going to be a quiet one.. )

Oh, Baby Cat was PTS this morning, thanks to the great nurse at Broomhill who gave her lots of cuddles while she passed away...R.I.P little one, miaow, miaow...:(

So I'm not having a good week thankyou, my Dad's crash could've been a lot more serious....so in my opinion, horse poo can be hazardous to humans...and just because you are a Moderator, doesn't give you the right to think your opinions are more valid than anyone else's.....END OF!!!

Horse poo can be hazardous but when you are driving on country roads its YOUR responsibility to drive in anticipation of horsepoo, broken branches, horses, cyclists, mud from tractors etc

If it may be hazardous to you, you are going too fast.

"not as hazardous". Its not hazardous what so ever. It has much the same properties as every day garden soil or grass clippings.

Really? Is that why fresh horse manure will actually burn and kill grass?

Fresh manure is also likely to contain chemicals used to treat horse diseases.

the subject has been done to death.

ITS HARMLESS.

Rother Valley is a park - horse riders have to pay to use it. So the clear up is covered in the charge i would assume.

....tell that to a friend of mine who nearly lost a leg in an motorcycle accident caused by horse crap deposited on a bend in the road. :rolleyes:

Horse manure is perfectly safe, both in terms of human health and to your vehicle. I have never heard of a car skidding on horse manure :loopy:
see above. Anything that can cause loss of traction to the roads surface is inherently more hazardous to 2 wheeled vehicles.

Really? Is that why fresh horse manure will actually burn and kill grass?

Fresh manure is also likely to contain chemicals used to treat horse diseases.

Fresh manure does scorch grass, but this is due to its concentration. That does not mean its harmful to humans though.

Horse manure is actually too concentrated for most plants and takes anything up to a year to decompose before its of any use. Its not really that useful for many plants other then roses and a few others.

;6906859']....tell that to a friend of mine who nearly lost a leg in an motorcycle accident caused by horse crap deposited on a bend in the road. :rolleyes:

Your friend should be aware of these hazards and taken precaution. Maybe if he had slowed round such a blind bend he may have been able to avert going through the horse manure in the first place.

You cant stop a horse from doing what comes naturally, neither can you carry the equipment needed to move it.

Believe it or not, but horses have been on our roads for nearly 1000 years before you and your motorbike came along.

Archived