Cash from ATM with no pin

If you looked at the ATM close enough would you notice this? I have no idea what they look like? :confused::confused:

Sometimes not, unless it's one you've used before and you can see that it's changed slightly. The con artists have gotten very good at it!! Unfortunately!

Be careful of paying for anything off your card at anywhere that you don't completely trust; my bro had his card cloned at a garage! Don't remember which one it was... the guy literally reached down and swiped it in something, took 2 seconds! :o

Sometimes not, unless it's one you've used before and you can see that it's changed slightly. The con artists have gotten very good at it!! Unfortunately!

Be careful of paying for anything off your card at anywhere that you don't completely trust; my bro had his card cloned at a garage! Don't remember which one it was... the guy literally reached down and swiped it in something, took 2 seconds! :o

I choose not to use cash machines unless i absolutely have to because of this, but i don't like to use chip & pin either as it doesn't come out of my bank as quick as withdrawing cash :rant:.

Hmm i'll be more weary of chip & pin also! Thanks for the heads up!

Someone in my family is distressed as their card has gone missing and cash has been withdrawn from a machine using the pin number - how can this be done?heard of other fraud but this is baffling

Easy one again.

Guess 1 - Your mate is bent and trying it on with the bank.

Guess 2 - Your mate used his card at some dodgy shop/petrol station where the bent sod behind the counter used a card reader to clone the card and had a camera above the machine to record his PIN. (He didn't cover the pad while he typed his PIN)

Guess 3 - As above but at an ATM with a skimming machine and camera.

Guess 4 - He wrote his PIN on the card - Drrrrrr

Guess 5 - He allowed someone to use his card to get some cash for him. - Drrrrr

I always shield the key pad so a camera couldn't pick up which numbers I'm pressing. I also tend to be aware of anyone standing too close and have on one occasion even asked a guy to move back as he seemed a little too close for my liking.

LOL, in many convenience stores there's generally a camera looking straight at the keypad... Really makes me laugh that one!

Easy one again.

Guess 1 - Your mate is bent and trying it on with the bank.

Guess 2 - Your mate used his card at some dodgy shop/petrol station where the bent sod behind the counter used a card reader to clone the card and had a camera above the machine to record his PIN. (He didn't cover the pad while he typed his PIN)

Guess 3 - As above but at an ATM with a skimming machine and camera.

Guess 4 - He wrote his PIN on the card - Drrrrrr

Guess 5 - He allowed someone to use his card to get some cash for him. - Drrrrr

EASY?

Missing some options...

And still not easy because not a single answer! But due to your general late night posts, i'd say another drunken moment of clarity! (p.s. refer to another thread you posted on last night)

Archived