Endownments sales ?

Has anyone ever cashed a endownment in , im just about to complete the sale of my property and once that has gone throu ,im lookin at cashing the endownment in . I have heard a few storys about companys that buy them of you for more than what its currently worth ect . Is this a wise thing or is there dodgy companys ect about , i would like your advice if you have dealt with this type of thing or know of any good companys i could talk to .Also is there anything i should look for in companys like a trading standard certificate or something on that sort of line .

There probably are dodgy companies out there, so it would pay to make sure you've found a reputable one before going ahead. That said, it can pay a significant premium to sell your endowment off rather than simply surrender it.

I sold a policy to AAP a few years ago, and received £13,500 against a surrender value of just under £12,000. They were efficient and gave great customer service, and I'd recommend them. Of course, I could be the very person who set AAP up as a front for my scamming, so you still need to confirm this independently of what I'm telling you; and there may be other companies who could offer a better deal, but I was happy with them.

Has anyone ever cashed a endownment in , im just about to complete the sale of my property and once that has gone throu ,im lookin at cashing the endownment in . I have heard a few storys about companys that buy them of you for more than what its currently worth ect . Is this a wise thing or is there dodgy companys ect about , i would like your advice if you have dealt with this type of thing or know of any good companys i could talk to .Also is there anything i should look for in companys like a trading standard certificate or something on that sort of line .

If it's not a With Profits policy forget about trading it.

There probably are dodgy companies out there, so it would pay to make sure you've found a reputable one before going ahead. That said, it can pay a significant premium to sell your endowment off rather than simply surrender it.

I sold a policy to AAP a few years ago, and received £13,500 against a surrender value of just under £12,000. They were efficient and gave great customer service, and I'd recommend them. Of course, I could be the very person who set AAP up as a front for my scamming, so you still need to confirm this independently of what I'm telling you; and there may be other companies who could offer a better deal, but I was happy with them.

Cheers headingnorth some good info there i appretiate that and take a look at aap and do a bit of research but thats what im after people that have used companys and been happty with them .

I sold my policy to AAP about 5 years ago - got quotes/offers from about 4 companies - their's was the best offer by a reasonable margin

Thanks for that ill look into them as headingnorth reccomended them aswell . and cheers crooksy , we have a settlement figure so just interested if i can get more as you do :)

Archived