Death Penalty: Would it work?

Do you think that the death penalty deter crime?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the death penalty deter crime?

• Yes
    • No

I don't have the figures to hand but the number of convicted murderers who go on to murder again after their release in the UK I'm sure would be almost zero.

So you are saying that there are some convicted murderers who are not executed who go on to murder again?

Now what percentage of convicted murderers who are executed go on to murder again?:roll:

A 24 week foetus is potentialy viable a later term foetus is even more likely to be viable.

Despite being healthy and guilty of nothing you clearly agree that they should be able to be killed.

How far do you go with rights for murderers? Do you believe that if someone gets himself hanged by his own murdering actions that his executioners should face charges?

A 24 week foetus isn't viable without a lot of medical intervention.

So you believe that foetuses have rights then, what other rights should they have? How far are you going to go? Each one of your sperm is a potential baby should they have rights to have an equal shot at the egg?

So you are saying that there are some convicted murderers who are not executed who go on to murder again?

Now what percentage of convicted murderers who are executed go on to murder again?:roll:

There is as high a percentage of people who haven't murdered but are executed by mistake who don't go on to murder also Phil, what about these?

Murderers that killed again.

According to Telegraph

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1159477/Murders-rapes--shocking-crimes-65-killers-released-Labour-strike-again.html

Okay this link shows that under labour (so what, ten years or so) only 3 convicted murders went on to kill again.

Out of what must have been thousands of convicted murderers over the decade.

As I said, almost 0.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1159477/Murders-rapes--shocking-crimes-65-killers-released-Labour-strike-again.html

Okay this link shows that under labour (so what, ten years or so) only 3 convicted murders went on to kill again.

Out of what must have been thousands of convicted murderers over the decade.

As I said, almost 0.

So what you are saying is that because we are too cowardly to re-introduce the death penalty ANOTHER 3 totally innocent people were fouly murdered by people who had previously been convicted of murder and then released in just a decade?

I think that those figures are TOTALLY unacceptable!

Archived