Death Penalty: Would it work?

Do you think that the death penalty deter crime?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the death penalty deter crime?

• Yes
    • No

That was the direction I was heading, if the conversation continued. :hihi:

To divert attention from your eagerness to preserve the life of those that take life while simultaneously endorsing the destruction of innocent healthy human life you need to rely on comic devices. :hihi:

If we don't want to have Murderers we're going to find a way to kill them.

Why not make it as controlled as possible?

We would still have murderers. Look at Texas, THE highest executing state in the US, with one of the highest murder rates. Many theories why the death penalty in ineffective, the best deterrent IMO is a properly functioning, efficient and robust criminal justice system. Death is not much more of a deterrent than the risk of being caught and imprisoned for the rest of your life, with no chance of ever getting out.

caffeine, alcohol, anti-depressants?

Alcohol is clearly a dangerous drug that kills a lot of people and is the cause of a lot of crime.

Drugs supplied by a doctor for a medical condition can't be compared to illegal drugs used by idiots.

There goes that caffeine stupidity again. You need to be on drugs to believe that daft argument.

We would still have murderers. Look at Texas, THE highest executing state in the US, with one of the highest murder rates. Many theories why the death penalty in ineffective, the best deterrent IMO is a properly functioning, efficient and robust criminal justice system. Death is not much more of a deterrent than the risk of being caught and imprisoned for the rest of your life, with no chance of ever getting out.

I know. My comment was aimed at TJC1's point that abortion should be allowed because,TJC1 asserts, women would kill their children anyway if they wanted an abortion.

Texas is probably the highest executing State in the US because they have one of the highest murder rates.

Death Penalty, effective or not? If you want to avenge the deaths of those murdered by criminals then having executed the offending miscreant it might be deemed effective.

A Deterrent? I agree that it doesn't appear to be much of a deterrent, detection and imprisonment doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent either.

Murders that result from inflamed passions, Love and Hate, will never be deterred, they are human tragedies that cannot be reversed.

Murders that result from Sexual offending are driven by the most basic urges albeit perverted basic urges that defy threats of punishment.

Murders that result from violent robbery and theft driven by the most urgent need for drugs are rooted in the moment and cannot be deterred.

Murders for financial gain where a degree of planning and an appraissal of cost/benefit may well be subject to deterrence.

I am not a great fan of the Death Penalty despite my posts.

I just like to explore the reasoning of the befuddled and bemused in general and on the forum in particular.

Those that post their objection to the Death Penalty often (not always) support abortion, oppose hunting and animal experimentation but endorse Capital Punishment for crimes against humanity (Individual murders and abortion appear not to be crimes against humanity from their point of view, while hunting and vivisection do)

They are all over the place and end up sitting in the corner eating their shoes.

I have posted at length on this forum about my contempt for the LibLabCon Party and their Bankster paymasters and not one of the coalition of the bemused and befuddled has challenged me along the lines 'How could you trust a Treacherous Regime with the Death Penalty' !!!

That's the point, we don't know how many!

Then this is not a valid counter argument since we are talking about an unknown.

I know of one person who was wrongly executed and that was Timothy Evans 60 years ago. In the United States I know of no one in the same period who was wrongly put to death.

There is no high percentage therefore and only one name hardly justification for abolishing the death penalty on those grounds.

The British system of execution so soon after sentence was the reason for Evans wrongful execution. Had this happened in America Evans would have waited several years for sentence to be carried out and then when Christie was arrested but a few years later and confessed to the murders of Evans wife and child Evans would have been promptly released.

Evans in effect was a victim of the flawed British system of try em, sentence em and hang em right away.

I have posted at length on this forum about my contempt for the LibLabCon Party and their Bankster paymasters and not one of the coalition of the bemused and befuddled has challenged me along the lines 'How could you trust a Treacherous Regime with the Death Penalty' !!!

Just one is too many!

Archived