Death Penalty: Would it work?

Do you think that the death penalty deter crime?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that the death penalty deter crime?

• Yes
    • No

That commonly puked up and especially stupid argument about coffee being a drug proves that drug users are daft in the head.

How many people go on the game for a coffee fix and how many break into cars to pinch stereos for a shot of capaccino?

There is only one reason to use mind altering drugs and that is the user is a bloody idiot. :loopy:

If you don't believe that caffeine is a drug then you're clearly an idiot.

And for the record, my drugs of choice are caffeine and alcohol, which I don't think in your ridiculous opinion makes me a drug user and so disproves your first sentence. The argument is used by anyone who isn't rabidly anti 'drug' or who has actually considered what a drug is.

Do you find 'dealers' selling tobacco and alcohol?

No? I guess you're fears are probably unfounded then.

You do find dealers supplying Alcohol and Tobacco you fool.

The dealer may be Tesco it may be Patel's mini mart it may be the guy that brings van loads back from Belgium, kids still end up with the product, the regulation of the products fails and tax revenue is lost to criminals.

The simple solution is to make the process cheaper.

The Chinese use the death penalty effectively, and it costs them virtually nothing because they get it over with quickly and don't waste precious public money on over-complicated legal processes.

They also run down students in tanks, suppress political arguments and deny basic freedoms to their citizens.

How many people do you think they incorrectly execute?

You do find dealers supplying Alcohol and Tobacco you fool.

The dealer may be Tesco it may be Patel's mini mart it may be the guy that brings van loads back from Belgium, kids still end up with the product, the regulation of the products fails and tax revenue is lost to criminals.

You think the tax revenue is lost when Tesco supplies it?

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you fool, but I think you were trying to say earlier that there would still be dealers dealing illegally and that regulation wouldn't therefore work, were you not? As this is basically a non existent problem with alcohol and tobacco, I think we can conclude that you're wrong. Can't we.

Regarding the Death Penalty for Murder etc it definitely prevents repeat offending ;)

Murderers despite receiving life sentences are often released on licence and have been known to slay another victim.

Care to name what percentage re-offend?

Regarding the Death Penalty for Murder etc it definitely prevents repeat offending ;)

Murderers despite receiving life sentences are often released on licence and have been known to slay another victim.

No it doesnt. Numerous studies in America show that it actually increases repeated offences. What country you looking at?

Alcohol and tobacco are legal and regulated but that doesn't prevent the smuggling of these products to evade duty does it?

Children are meant to be denied access to the aforementioned products but they are illegally supplied to them are they not?

City and town centres experience low level violent crime and public disorder at 'chucking out' time when the pubs and clubs regurgitate ( I use the word advisedly ) their drunken (and drugged?) clients onto the streets.

Unless you advocate the State Supply of unlimited supplies of ANY drug to ANYONE on demand at negligible cost there will exist a market to supply the demand unfilled by the State.

The reason drug dealers currently exist is because they can make large amounts of money, right?

The reason your uncle fred might bring a minivan full of wine back from France is to make a couple of quid, right?

If drugs were legally available (in some cases for free on prescription from a GP, heroin for example) and in other cases for a low price from a licensed seller (cannabis) then there would be very little to be made by illicitly dealing it.

Your local corner shop won't be cutting the cannabis, it won't be pushing heroin and it won't need to keep a knife or gun in order to ensure that people pay up.

What exactly is the downside to allowing adults to decide for themselves whether to smoke weed or not?

Archived