Hands up .. I don't know how to do links!

Allright ... talk me through it! Say for instance that I want to put a pic of prince William from the Mail on the forum. (I don't ... its just on telly!) How do I do it? Can I crop out Kate Middleton (worst girlfriend I've ever had! :gag:)

How do I do this? ... do I have to be on SF first? :huh:

Stay on SF and you'll have your SF icon on the bottom of your screen. Now press your internet icon again, and another window will open to whatever your homepage is, then search for your image, then use your right mouse button to click the bar at the top (the name of the page you're on). And then select copy. Then press the forum icon at the bottom of your screen, and you should go back to the forum and post as normal but then right click where you want to put the link, select paste, press return and the link should be there.

Actually, it doesn't turn blue until it's been posted.

Hope that helps.

Allright ... talk me through it! Say for instance that I want to put a pic of prince William from the Mail on the forum. (I don't ... its just on telly!) How do I do it? Can I crop out Kate Middleton (worst girlfriend I've ever had! :gag:)

How do I do this? ... do I have to be on SF first? :huh:

Firstly you need to go to the website that you want to link to and copy the address from the address bar. If you just want to link to a picture and not the whole web-page then rightclick the picture and select 'copy image URL' from the drop down menu.

Then you can start typing your post on SF. When you are typing out your post it is inside a little text box. To the right there are the smileys, and above there are some little icons, like bold, italics, underlined. Further to the right of those you will see an icon that is a little picture of the world and a tiny picture of 2 chainlinks.

You need to highlight the words that you want to be the link, and then click that icon. A little box will pop up asking you what address you want to link to, and you can simply press ctrl-v or right click and select paste, then click OK, and you are done.

Stay on SF and you'll have your SF icon on the bottom of your screen. Now press your internet icon again, and another window will open to whatever your homepage is, then search for your image, then use your right mouse button to click the bar at the top (the name of the page you're on). And then select copy. Then press the forum icon at the bottom of your screen, and you should go back to the forum and post as normal but then right click where you want to put the link, select paste, press return and the link should be there.

Actually, it doesn't turn blue until it's been posted.

Hope that helps.

I'm on SF and there's no SF icon at the bottom of my screen! :gag:

Firstly you need to go to the website that you want to link to and copy the address from the address bar. If you just want to link to a picture and not the whole web-page then rightclick the picture and select 'copy image URL' from the drop down menu.

Then you can start typing your post on SF. When you are typing out your post it is inside a little text box. To the right there are the smileys, and above there are some little icons, like bold, italics, underlined. Further to the right of those you will see an icon that is a little picture of the world and a tiny picture of 2 chainlinks.

You need to highlight the words that you want to be the link, and then click that icon. A little box will pop up asking you what address you want to link to, and you can simply press ctrl-v or right click and select paste, then click OK, and you are done.

Hmm... that's very kind of you.:) I'll muck about with that for a while. Thanks for taking time out to help me :)

Like this?

Archived