Love or hate pt cruisers anyone got one.

Used to have quite a few, but thats not because we particularly wanted lots - All of them kept developing faults and had to be changed.. I believe we had 2 red ones, a purple one, and a blue one, all of which ended up nackered in some way.

Like the look of them, but apparently they're hard to park due to the odd and hard to see angles to the front of the car

The guy who styled it also designed the less well known to here, Chevy HHR, which although many people dont like the look of, it grew on me during a trip to Florida some years ago :)

I had a look inside one at the NEC motor show when they were new-ish. I think you could have used the panel gaps for people trafficking. Either that, or it was built in the dark by someone at the end of their shift and wearing a welding mask.

Then I looked inside it and realised that the people building them probably had to wear some sort of eye protection so they didn't have nightmares.

It's exterior styling was quite appealing at first, in a novelty kind of way, but Car magazine's contemporary summary was spot on: "Make sure the joke doesn't wear thin over your three years of ownership."

The engines, as I recall, were a little weedy?

I bought one when they first came out - didn't have any problems with reliability, parking, and found that when inside it I couldn't see what it looked like

Took a while to get used to people pointing, staring etc

Kept it for a couple of years then traded it in for another one and didn't have any trouble with that one either until it tried to do a somersault

The engine, from memory, was 1.6 in the petrol and 1.8 in the diesel version I had which wasn't fantastic for acceleration but wasn't bad - presumably thats why it's called a cruiser rather than a sprinter

Loads of room in the back with the seats down - not a massive luggage space with the seats up from memory considering the size of the car

Failing that the yaris is quite a nice car, in fact anything would be better than my heap of poo at the moment :mad:

We also had a Yaris, that was an excellent car, in fact i think we went from the Yaris to the PT Cruiser as an upgrade :hihi:... That turned out well

Archived