Indie Clubs in Sheffield

claire85

As mentioned Corp on a friday upstairs is cool , and fuzz club where new small bands play (clor played there this week)

But leadmill on a wednesday and monday in the small room is indie and cheap also main room saturday nights.

Brighton Beach at sheffield union is great and thats once a month (check there website for next date im sure its next friday)

Also places like casbah(spelling?) are worth a visit and places like the grapes&boardwalk have live music everynight if not most nights a week.

For gigs the room ,the leadmill ,octagon(sheff uni) and the two pubs mentioned between them they have some great acts from the larger made it bands to the nearly theres to the local bands.

It would more be where isnt there an indie night at the moment, Kingdom has started up an alternative indie night on a Thursday, which is on the same night as Fuzz Club (it doesnt mtter if you are a student, it is open to the public) also Casbah on a Thursday night is good to. Mondays, is prety much the Leadmill, or you can go to the Harley which is open till midnight and is free to get into and have bands playing as well. Tuesday I am uncertain about, Wednesday, well the Leadmill now has indie in the main room and 80's electronic pop in the smaller room. But also there is Skool Disko at Corporation, there will alos be a new night starting up called Unknown Pleasures at The Room on a Wednesday also. I have also heard rumours the Plug will be having some form of indie night also, but what night this will be on I am uncertain.

Originally posted by iffypop

Also Plan B @ Hallam Union on Wednesdays is gonna be hell cool. Indie / New Wave / Electro badness.

Which starts tonight incidentally!

Its a quid in for the first one too, which isn't too bad :)

(oh, and i should point out its NOT only for students!)

Archived