Indie Clubs in Sheffield

claire85

Originally posted by indieboy

No-one seems to have mentioned offbeat. Its been voted the best indie club in Britain by Radio 1, and is on at the University every month. But you don't need to be a student to go, I don't think.

Was actually radio 6, it was a text vote, I remember the time I went they were telling every one to vote.

Yep, it's open to students and non-students alike. For more of a taste of what it's like, check out

http://www.offbeatsheffield.com

which has forthcoming dates plus full playlists from the last 5 years, plus lots of other Offbeat and Sheffield indie-related stuff.

Next one if Friday 14th October; worth noting that whilst it runs from 9pm to 1am you often need to turn up a bit earlier to join to queue to guarantee getting in - our venue is very intimate!

No-one seems to have mentioned offbeat. Its been voted the best indie club in Britain by Radio 1, and is on at the University every month. But you don't need to be a student to go, I don't think.

Can recommend this. Great tunes, kinda crappy venue...but intimate ;)

As far as I know you either need a student card or need to go with someone who has a student card to get in as a guest. At least this is what we were told when I went with someone without a card once (he had to go back to get his so he could get us in).

To get in to the SU building to access Offbeat you can either be signed in by a student or email us in advance and be put on a non-students door-list so you don't have to be signed in.

See here for more details (bottom of page)

http://www.shef.ac.uk/~offbeat/frames/wherefra.htm

At least 50% of our regular crowd are non-students so it seems to work OK

Venue is being renovated and enlarged slightly at Christmas!

Originally posted by genesiscouch

(re: Offbeat)

Can recommend this. Great tunes, kinda crappy venue...but intimate ;)

As far as I know you either need a student card or need to go with someone who has a student card to get in as a guest. At least this is what we were told when I went with someone without a card once (he had to go back to get his so he could get us in).

Archived