Unemployment down

I see unemployment has fallen (be it ever so slightly) by 9000 and those claiming Job Seekers Allowance is also down.

I have to admit I am surprised, but surely isn't this a sign that perhaps massive cuts and VAT increases are not needed? While the numbers returning to work are tiny, it's 9000 more people paying tax and 3700 less people claiming benefits. Every little counts!

Look no further than Ireland for an example of cuts.

sending people who are on jsa to places such as a4e/remploy etc manipulates these figures so dont be too enthusiastic about these being proper jobs.

Just what i wanted to say. Wait about 3 months and the unemployment will raise, since the retailing season will end.

I see unemployment has fallen (be it ever so slightly) by 9000 and those claiming Job Seekers Allowance is also down.

I have to admit I am surprised, but surely isn't this a sign that perhaps massive cuts and VAT increases are not needed? While the numbers returning to work are tiny, it's 9000 more people paying tax and 3700 less people claiming benefits. Every little counts!

Look no further than Ireland for an example of cuts.

dont be fooled the fact that they are saying unemployment and them claiming j.s.a is down, it doesn't mean employment is up.

its called cooking the books

Archived