Unemployment down

I see unemployment has fallen (be it ever so slightly) by 9000 and those claiming Job Seekers Allowance is also down.

I have to admit I am surprised, but surely isn't this a sign that perhaps massive cuts and VAT increases are not needed? While the numbers returning to work are tiny, it's 9000 more people paying tax and 3700 less people claiming benefits. Every little counts!

Look no further than Ireland for an example of cuts.

Nice to hear some good news.

Christmas temp jobs in three words!!!

This is for the three months to September, so I doubt very much this fall is affected by seasonal employment to any degree.

Claimants and the numbers unemployed have both dropped and more jobs in the private sector have been created than lost in the public sector.

I don't see why so many are complacent about these figures. Anyone would think they want people to be unemployed just so they can moan.

This is for the three months to September, so I doubt very much this fall is affected by season employment to any degree.

Claimants and the numbers unemployed have both dropped and more jobs in the private sector have been created then lost in the public sector.

I don't see why so many are complacent about these figures. Anyone would think they want people to be unemployed just so they can moan.

Good post, and good news is good news whatever the reason

If it's a trend fantastic, if it's a blip so be it, but any reduction is good news

Archived