Dec-Feb 2010: 484,000

Jan-Mar 2010: 475,000

Feb-Apr 2010: 472,000

Mar-May 2010: 481,000

Apr-Jun 2010: 489,000

May-Jul 2010: 479,000

Jun-Aug 2010: 466,000

Jul-Sep 2010: 459,000

The number of applicants to jobs increasing now at 5.33 applicants per 'job'.

It certainly is not ideal, far from it.

Where did you find that extra .03 in the number of applicants per vacancy, the ONS data only says 5.3 and this number is still lower than the current high of 5.8 per vacancy back in May-Jul 2009.

Where did you find that extra .03 in the number of applicants per vacancy, the ONS data only says 5.3 and this number is still lower than the current high of 5.8 per vacancy back in May-Jul 2009.

The link I gave earlier explained the 5.3 is the rounded down figure.

http://www.leftfootforward.org/2010/11/labour-market-stats-november-2010/

Still trying to derail I see, how sad, but lets recap shall we.

Some things to be cheerful about:

• Employment rate rises to 70.8%
  • Number in employment increased by 167,000
  • Employment is up 286,000 on the year
  • Self-employment increased by 112,000 to reach a record high of 4.03 million
  • Unemployment rate down to 7.7%
  • Number unemployed fell by 9,000 to reach 2.45 million
  • Number claiming JSA fell by 3,700 to reach 1.47 million
  • Inactivity rate down 0.2%
  • Number of inactive people fell by 83,000 to reach 9.27 million

The earnings annual growth rate for total pay (including bonuses) was up 2.0 per cent for the three months to September 2010, up from 1.7 per cent for the three months to August. The earnings annual growth rate for regular pay (excluding bonuses) was 2.2 per cent for the three months to September 2010, up from 2.0 per cent for the three months to August.

Still trying to derail I see, how sad, but lets recap shall we.

Some things to be cheerful about:

• Employment rate rises to 70.8%
  • Number in employment increased by 167,000
  • Employment is up 286,000 on the year
  • Self-employment increased by 112,000 to reach a record high of 4.03 million
  • Unemployment rate down to 7.7%
  • Number unemployed fell by 9,000 to reach 2.45 million
  • Number claiming JSA fell by 3,700 to reach 1.47 million
  • Inactivity rate down 0.2%
  • Number of inactive people fell by 83,000 to reach 9.27 million

The earnings annual growth rate for total pay (including bonuses) was up 2.0 per cent for the three months to September 2010, up from 1.7 per cent for the three months to August. The earnings annual growth rate for regular pay (excluding bonuses) was 2.2 per cent for the three months to September 2010, up from 2.0 per cent for the three months to August.

...................the sun still rises in the east:cool:

Is it ... well the official figure is 5.3 .. that is the ONS figure and the one you should quote, not one form a biased lefty website :roll:

Lets stick to the facts as they are presented shall we.

Those are the facts. You do the math.

Male unemployment fell by 40,000 on the quarter to reach 1.43 million but the number of unemployed women increased by 31,000 on the quarter to reach 1.02 million, the highest figure since 1988.

Vacancies level Jul-Sep 2010 (0.459 million)*

Quotes from Page 2 and 17 of the report

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/lmsuk1110.pdf

Maths.

1.43 million + 1.02 million = 2.45 million unemployed

2.45 million divided by 459,000 jobs = 5.337 jobs per person.

My facts are the ones presented.

* Note jobs have fallen over the month making the situation worse. From same pages there are now only 0.453 million jobs.

Those are the facts. You do the math.

Quotes from Page 2 and 17 of the report

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/pdfdir/lmsuk1110.pdf

Maths.

1.43 million + 1.02 million = 2.45 million unemployed

2.45 million divided by 459,000 jobs = 5.337 jobs per person.

My facts are the ones presented.

* Note jobs have fallen over the month making the situation worse. From same pages there are now only 0.453 million jobs.

Do you not think the numbers you are using are not also rounded up or down? Or do the jobless always fall into nice multiples of 1000 :roll:

The fact remains the official figures as released by the ONS is 5.3, no more no less.

Regardless of political affiliations, I'm afraid we're approaching the end game.

It probably started in Victorian times with mechanisation and has accelerated fairly recently with computerisation and globalisation. In the face of this, how the hell can unemployment fall? Yet our dear leaders pretend we can continue with the established matrix of leave school, get a job and work until you're 65. It's not feasible.

Just yesterday I saw an article about Northern Foods going into a merger. This morning, they announced that 2500 jobs are being 'shed'. Yet still they pretend that unemployment refuses to go above the mythical 2.5m mark.

It's particularly galling when yet another set of bogus statistics trip from the tongues of well-established liars and cheats (which almost all MPs are).

I know of many people, previously highly qualified and rewarded professionals, who have either been made redundant or been forced into part-time hours. Do the latter show up on these latest bogus statistics? Of course not, but they're suffering a disastrous drop in their standard of living.

The days of full-time employment for the masses are nearing an end. It'll be part time, job share or unemployment for most.

And then we have the EU. A few weeks ago, it was Greece. Now it's Ireland. Next will be Portugal followed by Spain. Just how many billions are going to be poured into the political/bank created black holes before they admit they just got it plain wrong? Someone once said the definition of madness was repeating the same mistakes over and over. Well that certainly applies to MPs, banks and Brussels. (George Osborne was in Dublin a couple of years ago extolling the virtues of the 'Celtic Tiger' economy. Shows what these so-called experts know.)

And still they continue with this madness! Sending highly-qualified people who have been unfortunate enough to lose their jobs to the plethora of so-called 'training organisations' where they can waste 6 weeks of their lives listening to some unqualified muppet telling them how to write a CV (in between sending them off ten-pin bowling/making things out of washing-up liquid bottles/anything that passes the time) just to claim they 'are being put back into work.' What work?

Government figures consider anyone working over 16 hours to be in work.

This is the cut off for claiming JSA. Its no secret and has been in place for a very long time.

i wonder how many people leaving jsa to go on sickness benefit are manipulating the figures :huh:

I know of many people, previously highly qualified and rewarded professionals, who have either been made redundant or been forced into part-time hours. Do the latter show up on these latest bogus statistics? Of course not, but they're suffering a disastrous drop in their standard of living.

That is being repeated all over the country, 4 years ago I was earning twice what I am now but yet I wouldn’t appear on any statistics, I can hear people say ah but you have a job ………… to which I would say what about the loss to the economy in my spending power, multiply that by thousands if not millions of people and there we have the current problem.

Archived