What to do evenings,with kids other than tv?

well after kids have had tea its dark so we cant really take dogs for walks,what can we do thats safe and fun,oh and doesnt cost a fortune??

kids are 10 n 14 yrs old btw,

A friend of mine likes to involve his 10 year old daughter in baking and producing things like home made soups and smoothies. She likes it a lot (yours may not) and the bonus is, I get to sample the buns, cookies or whatever that's been created.

they dont really watch tv.just soaps,wanted to get out of the house with them,but going out for tea,cinema etc costs too much money.

making Christmas cards and baking does sound like good ideas tho,thankyou:)

ps,

we have some board games,scrabble,frustration,etc im looking on ebay at the mo for an old monopoly game,they really like playing games,:):)

where do you live? in our area there is a local church with groups running all week for different ages, its really cheap 50p - £1 per session and the kids love it.

might be worth looking in your local area to see what is available.

I spent 3 hours playing Monopoly with mine last night. We all enjoyed it (yes they tried to cheat :hihi:) and no I didn't win :(.

Why not play charades or something like that?

Get them to hide an object and write up some clues as to where it is, bit like a treasure trail. You could use some sweets for it after tea.

Archived