Did anyone enter the Sheffield Star wedding competition in August?

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone entered the Sheffield Star competition to win a dream wedding back in August?

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Competition-Win-a-10000-dream.6470757.jp

I entered it and although I have looked online to see if there was an announcement of the winners, I haven't found anything.

I have just had an email from them inviting me, my OH and 2 friends to an announcement evening with Champagne and Canapes- where they will announce the winner (and looks like there'll be a bit of a wedding fair too). I am waiting for the OH to let me know if he can get the evening off work, but I think we will be going.

I'm not under any illusion that we may have won, but would like to go along to

have a looksie anyway.

Has anyone else got an invite?

It's a bit strange as I have emailed the woman back who invited me and asked her what the format is. The original story states that 3 couples will have their stories printed and it will be up to public votes. But the invite email states that there will be an announcement of THE winner.

It's not great that nobody has got back to me, to let me know that this has changed.

I am not entirely sure if we will be going, as need to check if the fella can have the evening off.

i have contacted the star and they have changed the format of the contest and have invited everyone who entered so a good hundred or so attending.

If 100 entered, there would be around 400 attending if everyone attended, as the invite states couple and another 2 friends (well mine does).

In August you entered into our Win a Wedding competition and to say thank you for entering and also to announce the winner The Star and The Mercure St Pauls hotel and spa will be hosting an announcement evening on Wednesday November 24th at 6pm at the Mercure Hotel which we'd like to invite you, your partner and 2 extra guests to attend.

everyone got the same email!

In August you entered into our Win a Wedding competition and to say thank you for entering and also to announce the winner The Star and The Mercure St Pauls hotel and spa will be hosting an announcement evening on Wednesday November 24th at 6pm at the Mercure Hotel which we'd like to invite you, your partner and 2 extra guests to attend.

everyone got the same email!

I did expect that...I was just concerned that the email did not represent the format of the original entry information, and was wondering as there had been no notice given

I didn't contact them on time to let them know we were going. I contacted them on the Tuesday via email to ask if we were too late to confirm our attendance. They replied telling us that it had been post phoned until February as not enough people could attend the announcement. I'm not surprised to be honest with only a weeks notice. The fella wasn't too impressed, as he had used a holiday day and it was all a bit last minute. Now he has to take an unpaid day in February to go to it.

I also got another email on the afternoon of the Tuesday explaining about the change of date... I think it was a group email, as we had already confirmed we will attend in February. They copied us in by accident I think...

I get the impression it was all a bit rushed....

Archived