Advice regarding pushy/aggressive door calling

We had a problem with some **** from safestyle uk a while back, he was politely told no thanks and when he just wouldn't take no for an answer and got quite insistent he was coming in the house he got the door shut in his face, he then went down my drive and kicked my car!!!

A guy from N-power once cornered me as i was parking my car on my drive. Unfortunately for him my husband had let our border collie out to come and greet me.

She isnt vicious in the slightest but has a habit of barreling upto you barking, before licking you to death. Sadly for N-power bloke he didnt stick around to find out about the licking to death part.....Job done.

Unfortunately for him my husband had let our border collie out to come and greet me.
That works well with our patterdale cross.

Rough coated, black as the night, a BIG mouth full of BIG teeth white as the first snow, and the boisterous play of youth (he can jump a clean 5ft up, from sitting :gag:)...Oh, and the voice presence of a great dane :huh:

I just open the door and make out I'm having all hell trying to hold him back...then cold callers don't hang around :D

Rough coated, black as the night, a BIG mouth full of BIG teeth white as the first snow, and the boisterous play of youth (he can jump a clean 5ft up, from sitting :gag:)...Oh, and the voice presence of a great dane :huh:

I just open the door and make out I'm having all hell trying to hold him back...then cold callers don't hang around :D

:hihi::hihi::D The joys of being a dog owner!

I had someone from Cobra selling TalkTalk a few years ago, they started off with "Hello, who's your current telephone provider?", e.g. doing market research without permission. So I asked what are you selling, so they asked again. I laughed and slammed the door hard.

Then the next week another one came, basically the same thing happened.

Then the next week another one came, basically the same thing happened.

Then after a knock I answered the door a petite very good looking lady is standing there (all before were lads with over sized suits), behind her was a bulldog of twenty something trying to look like a fifty something bulldog with glasses and clipboard. Then came the question "Who is your current telephone and broadband provider?", so I asked "sorry who do you work for, I can't see your badge there", she didn't care, again, "Who is your current telephone and broadband provider?", after three more attempts I asked the bulldog if this 'girl' had broken any laws? She just starred straight at me, I laughed and slammed.

But still at my local major supermarket they are too persistent, both N-Power (I think) and TalkTalk, don't they understand if I say "No thanks" and then continue like i'm a mug that i'm not going to come straight back and loudly and publicly humiliate them.

It happened week before last, the guy wasn't wearing a poppy, I told him to * off quite loudly and starred him down, then turned and bought another poppy (I had one already few days before) off the cadets stood there who were not intrusive what-so-ever, turned back and said, "Here, a present, please respect me and i'll respect you". Felt stupid and guilty as sin, but... At least I got a smile and slight nod off the female cadet.

I've seen a few signs I like.

One shows the outline a of a German Sheherd and underneath it says: "I can make it from the front door to the gate in just under 2 seconds. How about you?"

Another is a sort of Score card:

Burglars: lllll ll

Insurance salesmen: lllll lllll lllll lll

Other door-to-door salesmen: lllll lllll lllll lllll llll

The 3rd is a sign with a piucture of a dog with a mouthful of teeth. Underneath the picture it says: This Dog bites. Parents - you are responsible for your children.

That wouldn't work in the UK, but its considered 'fair warning' here.

A guy from N-power once cornered me as i was parking my car on my drive. Unfortunately for him my husband had let our border collie out to come and greet me.

She isnt vicious in the slightest but has a habit of barreling upto you barking, before licking you to death. Sadly for N-power bloke he didnt stick around to find out about the licking to death part.....Job done.

Works well with a "big vicious" staffy and a very noisy boxer! :hihi::hihi:

Bye bye mr salesman

Works well with a "big vicious" staffy and a very noisy boxer! :hihi::hihi:

Bye bye mr salesman

:hihi: I can remember when we was looking after someones dog and I didnt want him escaping so was holding him back - all he wanted to do was lick this lad to death but he was lunging forward, tongue out, showing teeth... the lad quite promptly ran down the path so I just shouted 'Close gate behind you love' :D Was hilarious he nearly fell over himself trying to get away. I need another dog!

Archived