Advice regarding pushy/aggressive door calling

So you will agree that the reason they are at your door is for what is best for them only?

No. If they sold you something you didn't want then you would just cancel the sale after they had left. They will then lose their commission and will have wasted time on a no sale when they could have been selling to people who actually want their product ... and yes they do actually sell things that some people want. It is therefore in their best interests to only sell to people who want the product.

jb

I was hired by a firm to do this, they didnt tell you you would be actually door to door till you were offered the job. They told me what the job was and I declined.

I get them at mine all the time, I find it funny when they ask if my mum or dad is in bearing in mind that I am almost 23 and a mother of two.

They arent actually employed by the company they want you to sign up to usually. They only get payed for the amount of people they sign up too probably why they are so pushy.

If im not interested I say so straight away if they get a little pushy I let them go through their speech and show me all the information. Then say no thanks im happy with my currently supplier and close the door.

I also find it funny that apparently all my neighbours have signed up for their brillant deals or signed up to donate £10 to a charity every month.

I do give to charity as and when I can but I doubt that all my neighbours have donated that much seen as they are mainly pensioners that live on their state pension.

No. If they sold you something you didn't want then you would just cancel the sale after they had left. They will then lose their commission and will have wasted time on a no sale when they could have been selling to people who actually want their product ... and yes they do actually sell things that some people want. It is therefore in their best interests to only sell to people who want the product.

jb

Their motivation for being at your door is the commission they can potentially earn. Which is only in their interest. You admitted that.

I'm not saying folk cannot cancel but that's nowt to do with the motivation for being at someone's door.

I really cannot understand how people can't get rid of these cold callers! My motto is be polite first, then after thirty seconds, if you're not interested, slam the door in their faces! SIMPLES. How can someone pressure you into them coming back in the evening and you open the door to them!!!

Sory just don't understand this

Quite. It's your life and they have no right to come barging in to it uninvited, and if they insist on continuing after being politely told, then they have forfeited any entitlement to civil or polite treatment. Just stop talking to them and close the door. They won't come back.

Their motivation for being at your door is the commission they can potentially earn. Which is only in their interest. You admitted that.

I'm not saying folk cannot cancel but that's nowt to do with the motivation for being at someone's door.

And your motivation for preventing someone from earning a living is what exactly?

jb

And your motivation for preventing someone from earning a living is what exactly?

jb

What does my motivation have to do with this? Even though I did answer that in an earlier post. You're not answering my points and just trying to change subject. It gets boring

Archived