Charity shops more expensive than mainstream shops.

I am not asking you to obey me, but you expect everybody to obey and believe every bad word you say about the charities you so hate.

I'm not expecting anybody to obey me: I'm just asking them to consider whether donating their old books to be destroyed is the best course of action for them. It's entirely up to them what they do. I'm just informing them (unlike the charities).

It is so easy to criticise others, when you are not the one doing the work, but as you clearly stated, you are not willing to try and help, or even prove you could do better job.

Perhaps if you knew that I spent yesterday sorting out hundreds of books and giving them to a charity that I know will try and sell them, you wouldn't be so quick to criticise yourself.

The rules of the forum states you are not to use this site to air your own prejiduces, or discrimination against others, which is what you do, so NO i will not take back my accusation.

So if I said I didn't like dogs, or Sheffield United, or asparagus, that would also be classed as breaking forum rules, would it? A rather wide interpretation, I feel.

Incidentally how come you know I posted about this six years ago when you only joined in May 2011? Who were you before?

Why should I give you that information? I don't answer to you. The only reason you registered was to have a go at me so as far as I'm concerned you can go jump in a lake.

Nice how you ignored the rest of my post too.

Seems to me that you have ties with a certain other charity, so your using this site as smear campaign against the other charities, so people donate to your charity, or you are completely lying and not donating anything.

AS i said before, its ok for you to have a go at certain charity shops, but not ok for someone to have a go at you.

You are a bully metalman, maybe in 5 years time i will come back as

Metalman01, im sure you will be still here moaning about everyone but yourself.

Seems to me that you have ties with a certain other charity, so your using this site as smear campaign against the other charities, so people donate to your charity, or you are completely lying and not donating anything.

AS i said before, its ok for you to have a go at certain charity shops, but not ok for someone to have a go at you.

You are a bully metalman, maybe in 5 years time i will come back as

Metalman01, im sure you will be still here moaning about everyone but yourself.

Yes, I knew you'd say that which is why I didn't say which charity it is. What I will tell you is that it's one which doesn't have any charity shops. Obviously I can't do much to please you though: one minute you're commanding me to go and show that I can do better by helping charities and then the moment I do you start complaining about me doing exactly that!

Have a nice five year break. Hopefully.

• 3 years later...

I am quite annoyed to know that a good amount of charity shops go to the high management. ( ie. Oxfam, Red Cross etc) We give the items for free just to keep these people earning good money, while the shop staff goes on a voluntary basis. And yet they drive customers away by putting unrealistic prices to items that did not cost them a penny.

I love to visit charity shops as matter of British old custom, as part of the old way of life. But get so annoy on seeing prices even higher than in the main shops. That is not right and people should complain.

Today as my birthday present, I am going around several charity shops in Oxfordshire and enjoy a day "charity shop tourism for a day" .

We must do our best to keep the charity shops going...

• 3 months later...

The prices are astronomical at Barnardos Civic Centre Dronfield. They are on par with high street retail prices, how do they justify this. I was quite astonished to learn of their recent advertising guru, now they appear to be driving up prices beyond what they were originally ethically driven to achieve.

• 3 weeks later...

The Help The Aged shop in Hillsborough is slashing prices for women's tops, skirts, jeans, trousers and jumpers to £1 per item however dresses some men's stuff start from £2 ..

---------- Post added 16-04-2015 at 16:33 ----------

The Bernardo donation centre near B&Q in Hillsborough has most clothing at £1.49 and kidclothes are £1.49 for 4 items. Cheap furniture. I bought a display unit for £15 ..