Copper gets away with drink drive ban

I work with a muslim (Mosque every Friday) who has just got his license back afer a 12 month ban for drinking and driving.

When I was on holiday in Tunisia the longest queue i saw was outside the off license on Friday after prayers.

Who are trying to kid?

Muslims don't drink alcohol :loopy:

I work with a muslim (Mosque every Friday) who has just got his license back afer a 12 month ban for drinking and driving.

When I was on holiday in Tunisia the longest queue i saw was outside the off license on Friday after prayers.

Who are trying to kid?

Allah will punish them.

What stinks about this whole story is that the judge supposedly believed him but punished him anyhow!

The judge said that he was innocent because he had been spiked but gave him 6 points on his licence and a hefty fine anyhow!

If the judge thought he was innocent he should have been discharged. If guilty then he should have been banned.

There should be no inbetween fudge of guilty innocence!:roll:

I thought DD was an absolute offence...? Will this set a precedence?

Being intoxicated without your knowledge or permission is just about the only excuse that will get you off the hook. Usually that means spiked drinks, rather than "but I thought it was only shandy."

I'm not saying that there is no suspicion in this particular case, but there have been cases of civilians acquitted because they'd been fed alcohol without their knowledge. This chap escapes a ban, but he has still been convicted.

Archived